We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What not to bring

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pershore, England...
Level Contributor
258 posts
Save Topic
What not to bring

Plenty of advice about what to take. How about what not to take? What have you packed but never used? I can start this off with...too many pairs of heels. Only wore flipflops for the beach and one pair of strappy sandals all week!

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What not to bring

too many shoes for sure! and again too many clothes! for me its makeup and jewelry I bring too much, and find I dont vary my accessories that much from day to day, I dont at home so what am I thinking on vac when I am even more relaxed then at home

Norristown...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What not to bring

THE WIFE!!!! lol

Just kidding ladies,

Just say'n what everyone's thinking, Husband or Wife :)

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,796 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What not to bring

i'll go with .......the wrong attitude :-)

No matter what is thrown at you ....it's your holiday so make the most of it ....

if a few things go astray shrugg them off, get them sorted or get to the bar and have a beer, just don't constantly complain and let them ruin your holiday ....it's your holiday and it will be wot YOU make it :-)

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
323 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What not to bring

PC is hot, dont take too much clothes, just 2 pairs of all

but plenty of t shirts.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
188 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What not to bring

Jeans are almost unnessasary.

Need 2 nice shorts, 2 linens, 2 slacks.

Lots of v necks and light polos

DDF
Whitby, Canada
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What not to bring

I agree with Ana-marie, go with the right attitude. Yikes, shoes, I always have a problem with my sandals...always take too many.

Arnprior, Canada
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What not to bring

I'm going to put curling irons and straighteners out there. Waste of time with the humidity.

Edited: 07 March 2013, 12:47
Newfoundland
Level Contributor
128 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What not to bring

Have to agree on straighteners and curling irons, plus the shoes. My hair is long, I always straighten it and before you know it the humidity has made it go frizzy. I just braid it, or pull it back. Wish I knew of something that would keep it, nice and smooth. Also, I find that my nice dressy sandles always become to tight with all the heat. This time I am going for comfort. Enjoy!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What not to bring

Don't bring wide brim hat --to windy on the beach....

Tight clothes or made of synthetic fabric are very uncomfortable to wear in PC (very hot and humid).The best are linen,cotton loose shirts and dresses.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What not to bring

I got this leave in conditioner at my salon its called uniq one

www.uniq-one.com/web/product/hair-treatment/

it actually worked! I straitened my hair, and while it did not remain perfect it was so much improved over previous trips that I was able to leave my hair down.