We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

Nashua, New...
5 posts
Save Topic
Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

Hi there,

I'm flying first class from BOS -> ATL and ATL -> PUJ with Delta. Delta have changed my flights and now I only have an hour layover in ATL ( I arrive at 8.45am and depart at 9.45am ).

Is that enough time to get through customs?

I'm thinking of changing my flights, but the JFK -> PUJ has no first class options available, however that is obviously a better option than losing a day of my vacation.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

Plenty of non stop options from bos...

Nashua, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

I fly on 8/16/2013, this was the only non stop flight on that day. In fact it was the only flight on that date I believe.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

Welcome to the forums, Peadar O:

Boston to Atlanta to Punta Cana has no customs to clear on the outbound flight! If you were flying back into Atlanta from Punta Cana then yes, you would clear customs there before continuing on to Boston.

You should have just enough time to board your final leg into Punta Cana, especially if you are a first class customer!

Nashua, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

That's good to hear! Does it take long to get from the Domestic terminal to the International terminal at ATL?

Worcester...
Level Contributor
879 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

I wish you luck; I hope it all works out :-)

Nashua, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

If I go via JFK I'll have a 90 minute layover which seems more realistic, depending on how far we'll be from where we land vs where we take off from again.

I'll give Delta a call.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

Depending upon the crowds, it can take awhile as the domestic terminal & the international terminal are at opposite ends of the main concourse, but ATL is Delta's home turf and they have unique ways to accomodate their passengers, especially those flying first-class. If your arriving flight is on-time, you will have no issues! Otherwise, see the gate agent for assistance as soon as you de-plane.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,621 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

Good luck! I have had the most horrendous experience with Delta during the blizzard. They insisted on flying us out of Cancun even tho Logan was closed and then left us stranded at JFK instead of flying us into BOS nonstop from Cancun even tho they could have let us stay one more day at our expense and flew us home on Sunday when Logan was opened. They then had us flying out of LaGuardia the next afternoon with NO WAY to get there, no hotel rooms, no busses and no trains running....no biggie till they told me, "That's not OUR problem"....

O and by the way...no food vouchers....and we got the most expensive insurance thru Delta Vacations.

In short, I don't hold out much hope for Delta to do the right thing. Hope that your plane is on time...but please don't expect Delta to make any exceptions out of integrity.

BTW we are Skymiles Members.

LOLOLOL

Edited: 17 March 2013, 14:15
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,784 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

I'll take a 60 minute layover at ATL over a 90 minute layover at JFK any day.

Really, Atlanta is a big airport but quite well laid out. The international flights arrive and depart from Concourses E and F. It's just a matter of going from one gate to the next, taking the train (the stops are in the center of every concourse) to the international concourses. So yes it is very doable, assuming your arriving flight is not substantially delayed.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,573 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Delta changed my flights - an hour layover in ATL to PUJ?

Holy Crap OG.....I bet you won't be flying Delta anytime soon!! It's never fun traveling home after vacation anyway but that is some really bad service. I imagine there was at least two, very furious passengers. Such a hassle to get home to your own bed! Please tell me that the Delta Insurance did help out but still no excuse for the bad decision someone made for your departure from Cancun. What a mess.

I usually fly Delta out of Kansas City to the Caribbean because their flight times are better than the rest. I haven't had to deal with their customer service, like you did, and hope I don't.