We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family AI suggestions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nh
Level Contributor
128 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Family AI suggestions

Hi all

I know--the dreaded question of "where should we stay?" However, I can't believe how overwhelmed I am with all the choices. So if people wouldn't mind giving me suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Planning a trip Feb 2014 for me, husband, and kids (13 & 14). We have been to Occidental Xcaret in Playa del Carmen and Grand Palladium in Jamaica.

What I am looking for is an AI with decent food options, big enough of a resort to keep us all busy, large pools, beach with some snorkeling and a room with separation from the kids (don't know if we would be better off with connecting rooms)

I have researched many options and have Majestic, Paradisus, Barcelo, Grand Palladium, Iberostar , Dreams, Melia, Grand Bahia all on my "possible" list.

Any help on narrowing this done would be appreciated! Thank

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family AI suggestions

My recommendation would be the Grand Palladium Bavaro. It's very family friendly, most villas have been newly updated, beach is incredible and the food is fantastic, with so many choices.

palladiumaddict.net is a great source for info.

nh
Level Contributor
128 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family AI suggestions

Thanks. I have been on the palladium addict website from our last visit.

The one thing I have noticed is that most hotels view kids as under 12 but over 13 they are adults and that limits our room selection. Has anyone else had this issue?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Family AI suggestions

that's right, 13 and older they are adults, heck, ask da kittens what they think about it lol, they sure wanna be adults.

with such old children i would check packages with adjoining rooms or 2 room suites/family suites, to leave them some privacy and more important, to leave Mom and Dad on vacation some privacy for the few days of the stay.

Mike

4. Re: Family AI suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 04:17