We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Money Exhange at the Majestic Colonial

I was wondering if the hotel would exchange Canadian money for peso's?

Also would it make sense to bring DR peso with us.

Thanks

Rick

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money Exhange at the Majestic Colonial

$USD is the best in DR.

If I were you I would try to get USD before you go. You can often order USD from your bank. Maybe $100 in singles and $100 in 5's. All depends what type of tipper you are and how many local souveniers you want..

There is no real need for pesos unless you plan on shopping off resort, and even then USD is king, you just may take a hit with the exchange rate. 40:1 is pretty much the standard currently

There are exchanges at the airport when you arrive as well, but i'm sure they swing the exchange rate in their favor.

I saw an ATM at the ME (only gives pesos) so they probably have one at the MC. I didnt see any type of official exchange counter though. Change for large bills can be hard to get sometimes as well. I just asked the bartenders and never had a problem. We only brought a few large bills to pay for the massages we knew we were going to get, the rest was no bigger than a $20

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money Exhange at the Majestic Colonial

Thanks for your input. I think I will stick with US.

Just wondering how much did the massage cost.

Thanks

Rick

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money Exhange at the Majestic Colonial

they vary but I think they range from 80 to 120ish, all depends what you want. Our aroma therapy couple massage was 90 each, but I think we got a special price cause of the honeymoon.

If you buy a massage you can use the spa pools and suanas for as long as you want. They have 5 pools all different temperatures ranging from antarctic cold to bath tub hot. Its a nice facility, but watch your step on the way over, the long boardwalk is pretty uneven (for the ME anyway)

I'm not sure about the massage services at the MC, or if it is a shared facility. Desi or Sailman will know

Edited: 21 March 2013, 20:01
Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money Exhange at the Majestic Colonial

I just remembered seeing the MC spa on our walk over, it is sort of right in the middle of the resort, so it is not a shared facility, the prices are probably the same as ME, but I'm not sure of the facility itself. Try to look at some of the review posts, I bet someone has some pics posted.

5. Re: Money Exhange at the Majestic Colonial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 05:17