We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice, Budget All Inclusive In Punta Cana or Cancun

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Clinton, Maryland
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nice, Budget All Inclusive In Punta Cana or Cancun

We are a group of family and friends of 8 considering Punta Cana for a family vacation in July (15th-19th). Family of 4, Family of 3 and 1 Single Adult Male. Our "children" are all adults, ages 18, 18 & 23. We'd like to stay to a budget of $1000 a person including flight from DC/MD. How do Punta Cana all inclusives compare to the ones in Cancun? Is this a more "doable" feat financially in Cancun? Currently considering Melia Caribe or Gran Bahia Principe. If we went to Cancun, probably Fiesta Americana, BUT OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS AT BOTH LOCATIONS. TIA.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice, Budget All Inclusive In Punta Cana or Cancun

Evening Legolas,

Personally I would pick DR over Cancun any day. Cancun is basically turning into North America considering you can simply walk across the street and go to Mcdonald's.

Looking quickly I see many hotels (over 15) in your budget. A few questions though.

Is your days flexible? Do you want to do more days like Sunday to Sunday?

Are you flying out of Baltimore (That's what I checked)

4 rooms 2 adults in each? Considering everyone is over 18?

From the US, your 10$ entry fee is not included, most likely you have to pay for bags and booking hotel + flight you would have to pay transport from airport to hotel. Do you want your 1000$ budget to include that or you willing to pay that extra?

Lastly I know you said 1 single male, if you book 1 person in 1 room sometimes it is as if your paying for 2 which is why I said 4 rooms of 2. Is that ok?

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice, Budget All Inclusive In Punta Cana or Cancun

If you are in the Dc area look at flying out of Dulles as at times it can be cheaper. Closer to B 'more look at Philly...again can be much cheaper. We just booked for Feb 2014 out of Philly and got a better price.

Canaan,NY
Level Contributor
160 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice, Budget All Inclusive In Punta Cana or Cancun

Stayed at the Barcelona Dominican Beach one time. Was satisfied with the resort for the price I paid. I flew out of Boston though. Not sure what the price is flying out of the DC area. Would think that you would be in that range for the price you are looking to spend. With a group your size I would attempt to communicate directly with any resort that you are thinking about going to. I would think that you would be eligible for a free upgrade of some sort.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice, Budget All Inclusive In Punta Cana or Cancun

Costwise, PC and Cancun should be fairly similar. Cancun may be a bit lower, but PC is getting very competitive, and you should be able to find very nice all-inclusives in your range at both. The beaches in PC are beautiful, and if you are happy staying at the resort beach the entire time, you'll enjoy PC. I've been to Cancun and PC, and because we like to leave the resort to see the sights, Cancun/Riviera Maya is our favorite. And Mexico definitely has the edge on food. Also, my 28 year old daughter has been to both with me, and liked Cancun and Riviera Maya much more. Again, it depends what you're looking for. Whatever you decide, enjoy!

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,291 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice, Budget All Inclusive In Punta Cana or Cancun

Well we are a family of 4 and are staying at the Grand Palladium Bavaro July 12th-July 19th. The rate we paid for the hotel only was $1340 for all 4 of us(for a full week). Airfare from Cleveland was $2000 for a direct flight with Frontier. That airfare rate also includes 2 free checked bags for each of us and the ability to change our flight dates if a storm should hit. Also we can cancel/change the resort reservations up to 48 hours prior to when we arrive so there was no need for trip insurance.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice, Budget All Inclusive In Punta Cana or Cancun

The Palladium would be a perfect choice for your stay and it is a really great resort.. They run a lot of specials, so I'm sure you could find one in your price range for that time of year. IMO, this resort offers the most for the money compared to others I have tried in the past. It's also close to the airport and has a nice little shopping village nearby, directly on the beach and another shopping plaza outside the resort. We love this resort and continue to return since our first stay there in 1999.

7. Re: Nice, Budget All Inclusive In Punta Cana or Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 06:16