We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
579 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

I am interested to know how many people are taking anti-malarials.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

I'm still undecided. I'm going to the travellers clinic in a couple weeks. I'll decide then.

Ottawa, CA
Level Contributor
579 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

We're undecided too. I have heard so many mixed reviews.....

wouldn't you like...
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

Nope, not taking them......the chances of getting malaria are just as low as catching West Nile in my own backyard! Happy travels!

ladysmith canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

i asked my doctor if we should and he not only said no but that he and his family went to punta cana in january and they didn't take them either. the resort areas are fine. he would be more inclined to take them if you were staying outside the resort areas. if he trusted his own kids with not taking them that's good enough for me

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

No were not taking them! My wife and two girls figured the side effects are to much for the actual risk of getting melaria. Hey there is more chance of getting in in a accident on the way to the airport or the pop machine falling on you at the hotel. 20 cases in over a million travelers-- those are pretty big odds. Seriously this is what we're doing,I don't want to tell anyone that is taking anti-melaria drugs that their wrong. I'll take the risk..

England
Level Contributor
170 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

Altho we are travelling to the North, we are recommended here in the UK to take the malaria medication, we even received a written letter from our tour operator advising of the same.

As both myself and son get eaten alive (Especially me! Im a mossie magnet...lol) I thought it best to take the tablets....altho at the moment im a walking chemist...shake me and I will rattle...lol

But darn...it tastes so yuk

bham england
Level Contributor
121 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

We have been advised by our doctor to take the tablets and we will. Better to be safe than sorry

Halifax
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

we're taking them...they were only $6 and I'd be wishing I had taken them if I got malaria!!!

windsor,ON
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

leaving friday and not taking the pills.

The way I look at it is there isn't a pill for west nile and your chance of getting that is the same as malaria, will just use big spray like here

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
77 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Survey : Whose taking anti- malaria medication and who...

We are going April 1 and have the prescription filled. My family decided it not worth the chance-even as small as it is. My doctor highly reccommend it-he couldn't understand why we wouldn't.