We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

Vilseck, Germany
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

Oh gosh, guys I am so scared I choosed the wrong hotel! Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro!!! Me and my family, two girls 9&10 years old are going to this hotel in May for two weeks. But now I only hear bad stuff about it, that its big, loud and lots of party's. it's our first time in DR I want it to be perfect. Who can cheer me up a little and tell me about this hotel????? I already booked it. :(

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

Have been there 3 times and would return in a heartbeat. Don't worry, you will love this place.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
607 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

Most of the parties are in the main central Pueblo Principe area. You will not hear a thing at night in that regard. There are many children and both they and their parents really seemed to be enjoying the resort day and evenings. Do not worry. Other than the Ambar section, this is a family friendly resort! Kids club, waterpark, mini golf....

Georgina, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

Things are calming down in May. It might be busy down by the main pool but there is still the other pools to enjoy and of course the beach area. It's a large area and sometimes during the winter months you get pockets of parties but nothing really gets out of hand. You are going down at a good time of year should be nice and serene.

No worries.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

Been there 3 times as well and never had a problem with partiers. If they were there, I could always easily avoid them. Also, spring break is pretty much over by the first week in April so you shouldn't see too many if any at all. It is a big resort but I always found that it was well organized and it never felt like I was in the midst of a huge resort. The beach area can be a little crowded but I never had a problerm finding a beach lounger and 'my own little spot'. Love the Bahia and I have no doubt that you will too!

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,072 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

Goshaaa,

I certainly agree with the above posters - as "Craiger" has mentioned - even if it gets too crowded for you at the large beach pool, you can use the two smaller pools half way into the resort - plus you have the childrens Water Park to use for the children - they will love that !

If you are looking for "perfection" - it won't happen anywhere you go. If your looking for a fun filled vacation, great beach, lots of pools, pool bars, lots for the children to do, excellent buffet and a la cartes, very good service, wonderful rooms and amenities, excellent entertainment, then you are in the right place.

Just relax and you soon will see.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
323 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

This hotel is family style, not wild party

Its big but with excellent tram system (runs every 5 minutes)

They also have a pool in the middle of the hotel, this place is calm to bored :-)

Beach has lot of calm sports

Be cool

Vilseck, Germany
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

Thank you Brooklin John, I feel better! I know I'm really looking for something perfect but I won't find it.... I can't wait to go there! :)

Vilseck, Germany
Level Contributor
51 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

Thanks guys, I feel better! it is my dream even being there at that island, so i will do the best out of this hotel!

Thanks again to you all! Muah

Georgina, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

One last thing Goshaaa

be aware of the Dominican bug some of us have experienced a severe bite. lol

Leeds, Engalnd
Level Contributor
2,918 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oh gosh, I'm not sure about our hotel?

Hey Craiger ...i was bitten by that bug yrs ago and it's been one oft the best bites i've ever experienced lol

Goshaaa...you will have a great time at GBP Bav ......i have visited this hotel twice and i'm already booked to go back a 3rd time :-) .....you will find loads for the kids to do ....day and night ....try to see the Lion King show...held for the kids in the Pueblo Principe area about 8pm (not sure which night thou) , it is really good, also sure they will love the main pool as they do special days down there for the kids with inflatable pool things and water slides ....then u also have the water park, play ground (with trampoline), mini golf etc etc ......

Won't be perfect be will be as close to it as you can get :-)

hoe u have a great time