We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excusrions - Booking before or upon arrival

london
Level Contributor
98 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Excusrions - Booking before or upon arrival

This is our first time to the Domincan. Is it better to book excursions online before the holiday or does it work out cheaper/more on offer once you are there? I am in the UK if that is of any relevance.

Thanks

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Excusrions - Booking before or upon arrival

Had this same problem for my stay on 1st may. Up to now most companies have allowed me to book and pay when I get there. From what ive seen and been told it doesnt look like many firms budge on price. That doesnt bother me too much because id hate to miss out

Ottawa , Ontario
Level Contributor
427 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excusrions - Booking before or upon arrival

it depends on the excursion you want to do. I've done both. For example, if you want to book a tour with PC Mike, then book in advance. He sells out a couple months in advance so that would be a smart move.

That being said, I've booked many excursions on the beach from vendors. I never had a problem before. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Excusrions - Booking before or upon arrival

it depends on the excursion you are looking on.

for example the large numbers moving Mass Tours, like Saona Island, Catalina Island, Samana Tours, Santo Domingo City Tours, different Jeep Safaris like Bavaro Runners or Outback Safari, Marinarium Catamaran Tours and others, those you can book at the Hotel Tourdesk on short notice, they are always available.

of course i would always recommend to just check online if such above mentioned tour does also allow direct bookings online directly with the outfitter, in such case you may get for the exactly same ride the better rate, but not very usual, as those Mass Tours are well controlled by the lil Mfia of Touroperators, obliging those Outfitters to book with them.

and there are the smaller businesses running no masses but quality, most of those do not even book with any hotel tourdesk nor any touroperator, those you have to book online and well in advance prior to arrival, some you need to book months in advance for specific travel dates, as their available space is very limited to keep it personal/professional. such tours are for example Punta Cana Mike's Dominican Adventure Tours, Xtreme Buggy Tours(even now available also with the tourseller Hola Tours, but only if still space available after arrival), Catamaran Teresa or Sportfishing on the offshore fishing yachts from Cap Cana Marina.

Happy Travels

Mike

4. Re: Excusrions - Booking before or upon arrival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 05:15