We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Sand/Blue Vrs. Grand Palladuim

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Sand/Blue Vrs. Grand Palladuim

Just wondering if one were to pick between the Ocean Sand/Blue and the Palladium Complex, which one would be the pick? Have been to Ocean Sand/Blue but not the Palladium. Looking to bring another family to PC with our family this year. They are traveling with there 16 and 13 year old. Not all resorts in Punta Cana alows a 16 and 13 year old in the same room as the adults. Ocean and Palladium do and a few others as well. For there first time to Punta Cana I would like to take them to either Melia or Grand Bahia Principe, but when booking with Transat Holidays, does not allow this type of booking for them. Has anyone ever encountered this? How can you book the Resort you definitely want to go to with a 16 and 13 year old? Maybe a second room, but is that crazy expensive?

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Sand/Blue Vrs. Grand Palladuim

Wojick: We have travelled with two teens like this and have encountered the same problems.

We stayed at the Bahia Bavaro (kids 18 and 15 at the time) and had two rooms: all rooms at the complex are pretty much the same. There is no pull out couch as such there, only a smaller couch with a foam mattress suitable maybe for a small child to sleep, so sharing (we had a boy and a girl) didn't work for us.

We stayed at the Bavaro Princess and had a double pullout that was quite comfy. But they won't allow 2 children over 12 in the same suite.

Often it is not much of a price difference to book 2 rooms versus one that 4 share. I priced out the Palladium Bavaro as an example. For 4 sharing a junior suite it would be $5800 for May 4. For 2 deluxe standards it would be $5722. The concern is always getting a connecting room or a room next to the kids. Incidentally, getting 2 rooms not only gives Mom and Dad a bit of privacy, but gives an extra bathroom for those teens!

Use a site like tripcentral.ca to price out the resorts you want. Hope this is helpful

Edited: 06 April 2013, 14:25
Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Sand/Blue Vrs. Grand Palladuim

I cannot comment on Ocean Sand Blue, but I can tell you that the Palladium is a very nice resort for families. The resort is beautiful and set on the nicest stretch of beach in Punta Cana. The food is excellent and they offer a wide range of activities

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
227 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Sand/Blue Vrs. Grand Palladuim

Thanks for the response folks!

Sounds like the 2nd room is the way to go. Our kids are 12, 11 and 6, so my husband and I would have to split to be with the two oldest kids unless we had a room right next door which may be hard.

Not going until next February, but never to early to start planning!!

Thanks again!

Christine

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,765 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Sand/Blue Vrs. Grand Palladuim

Wojick, with children as young as yours (12, 11, 6), the Palladium Bavaro will allow all 5 of you in a junior suite. This would be probably $500 or more cheaper than splitting two standards. When the children are older, they count as "adults" for pricing purposes and the two rooms make sense costwise.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
2,767 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Sand/Blue Vrs. Grand Palladuim

we just returned from the Palladium and cant wait to go back next year.....probably doesnt help with your room requirements, but may help with the rest of your decision. lots of beach this resort is big and it spans a large section of the beach so no overcrowding. lots of pools, lots of places to eat loved this resort

Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Sand/Blue Vrs. Grand Palladuim

Our family (with a 13, 14 & 21 yrs old) statyed at Palladium Bavaro and we absolutely loved it, we have been to PC twice before and I would difinitly return to this resort. We booked an extra room since the kids were paying adult prices anyway and we needed the 2nd bathroom. We requested and recieved connecting rooms - you enter 1 main door and it branches off to 2 rooms and we kept the 2 interior doors open most of the time, it was a great set up for our family.

7. Re: Ocean Sand/Blue Vrs. Grand Palladuim

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2014, 06:17