We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude beaches at the Melia

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Howell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Topic
Nude beaches at the Melia

Hello everyone

Does anyone know if there are nude sections on the beach at Meila. I am going with my 10 yr old daughter and really dont want to put her through that. TOO YOUNG

Thanks

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude beaches at the Melia

To my knowledge ther are no NUDE beaches in Punta Cana. Nudity is against the law. You will see topless women on the beach. Most family resorts prohibit toplessness at the pools.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude beaches at the Melia

Nude, no. But topless is commonly seen on all the beaches. If you have kids, I think it's best just not to make an issue of it. If your kids point or make a comment just make it seem like it's no big deal and say something like "oh, she's probably Planning on wearing a sleeveless dress tonight and doesn't want to get strap marks, that's all." Or something like that. I think kids will only react if their parents are reactionary to it. Really no big deal frankly.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude beaches at the Melia

Nude, no. But topless is commonly seen on all the beaches. If you have kids, I think it's best just not to make an issue of it. If your kids point or make a comment just make it seem like it's no big deal and say something like "oh, she's probably Planning on wearing a sleeveless dress tonight and doesn't want to get strap marks, that's all." Or something like that. I think kids will only react if their parents are reactionary to it. Really no big deal frankly.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude beaches at the Melia

Sorry, double post. I'm on my mobile device.

Howell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude beaches at the Melia

Eric thank you.

Well said!!!

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
785 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude beaches at the Melia

Actually I think that adults have a bigger issue than kids do..lol. Don't see the toplessness as much as we once did. Depends if there is are a lot of Europeans at the resort.

NJ
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nude beaches at the Melia

Hi there, we have been taking our children (now grown) to beaches all thru caribbean for years.............I have to tell you when I found or 11 yr old standing in front of two topless girls laying on the beach just staring, I realized I hadnt prepared him for that.....needless to say i was really quite funny. They WILL absolutely notice and it IS a big deal to them....the best thing and most responsible thing you can say is...oh there might be woman on the beaches with no tops, in their countries that is how they swim......we are definately ok with all of that and want you to know there are many different beliefs and ideals around the world other than our own backyard...when they see it, don't make a big deal but let them point it out too you THAT IS WHEN YOU DON'T MAKE IT A BIG DEAL.....so DAD'S don't be staring at all the topless women....hahahaha hope tht helps out. They are paying way more attention than you think

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,177 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nude beaches at the Melia

Dads, be sure to bring your sunglasses so you can stare but not make it seem obvious.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,620 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nude beaches at the Melia

"Depends if there is are a lot of Europeans at the resort"

Many Non-Europeans are also going topless now

Howell, New Jersey
Level Contributor
257 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Nude beaches at the Melia

Can anyone tell me where to find a dark pair of glasses. Dont want my wife getting mad!!! LOL