I am trying to narrow down which resort I will be going with my Darling GF and my Son (6 years old) this September. I think I have it down to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma but have a few questions:
1) I am very interested in doing the Family Concierge, however all of the sites I have been looking at have them grouped differently. Is Family Concierge only available with a One Bedroom Suite when booking it online?
2) I have read that it may be cheaper to upgrade to Family Concierge once at hotel. I am OK with this, but I absolutely want Family Concierge and do not want to risk it not being available. Does it sell out? Is it likely to sell out the first week or two in September?
3) I am very interested in a room location that is close to the beach. Which room categories are close to the beach? Is Family Concierge available in those rooms?
4) Does family concierge come with a butler who will pack/unpack your bags, pretty much do whatever you ask (assuming its reasonable, and you tip them of course (say a $50 to start the week and then take care of them here and there)) or are they more limited in that they will just make dinner arrangements, grab you a chair on the beach etc?
5) Will the Kid's club there take my son (6) swimming, snorkeling and other fun-filled adventures or is it more limited to being in a room and doing arts and crafts?
6) How is the spa compared to say Le Blanc in cancun? Do they do hydrotherapy, really upscale, available to go even if you dont have a treatment booked that day?
7) How would this compare to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe OceanFront Suite Club Premium? I was about to book this room for $3000 until I read the AWFUL reviews lately on TripAdvisor. It seems the service, food, and luxury are not close to Paradisus. Any comments from people who have been to both? I am wondering if Club Premium guests at BBPD have a much better experience.
I know that is a TON of questions and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this and offer any advice/feedback. Thank you in advance :)