We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Reserve at Paradisus Palma - Room and Location Questions

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma - Room and Location Questions

Hello,

I am trying to narrow down which resort I will be going with my Darling GF and my Son (6 years old) this September. I think I have it down to The Reserve at Paradisus Palma but have a few questions:

1) I am very interested in doing the Family Concierge, however all of the sites I have been looking at have them grouped differently. Is Family Concierge only available with a One Bedroom Suite when booking it online?

2) I have read that it may be cheaper to upgrade to Family Concierge once at hotel. I am OK with this, but I absolutely want Family Concierge and do not want to risk it not being available. Does it sell out? Is it likely to sell out the first week or two in September?

3) I am very interested in a room location that is close to the beach. Which room categories are close to the beach? Is Family Concierge available in those rooms?

4) Does family concierge come with a butler who will pack/unpack your bags, pretty much do whatever you ask (assuming its reasonable, and you tip them of course (say a $50 to start the week and then take care of them here and there)) or are they more limited in that they will just make dinner arrangements, grab you a chair on the beach etc?

5) Will the Kid's club there take my son (6) swimming, snorkeling and other fun-filled adventures or is it more limited to being in a room and doing arts and crafts?

6) How is the spa compared to say Le Blanc in cancun? Do they do hydrotherapy, really upscale, available to go even if you dont have a treatment booked that day?

7) How would this compare to Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe OceanFront Suite Club Premium? I was about to book this room for $3000 until I read the AWFUL reviews lately on TripAdvisor. It seems the service, food, and luxury are not close to Paradisus. Any comments from people who have been to both? I am wondering if Club Premium guests at BBPD have a much better experience.

I know that is a TON of questions and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this and offer any advice/feedback. Thank you in advance :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Reserve at Paradisus Palma - Room and Location Questions

Also a follow up - would it be worth spending $800 less and end up at Melia in a Royal Service Master Suite compared to Family Concierge at the Reserve Paradisus Palma? How does Royal Service at Melia compare to Family Concierge at the Reserve?

Boston...
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Reserve at Paradisus Palma - Room and Location Questions

Bump for day crew :) I appreciate anyone who is able to answer any of the questions!

Options appear to be

$2700 - melia master suite royal service

$3000 - bbpd oceanfront club premium

$3200 - paradisus Palma reserve family concierge

This is a 4 night trip with 2 adults and one 6 year old boy :)

louisiana
Level Contributor
206 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Reserve at Paradisus Palma - Room and Location Questions

I am gling to the reserve in july with my 2 yo so i havent yet experienced it but i did pull the following info directly off their site. It appears beach trips ie. snorkeling he couldn't participate until he's 8 yo but it looks as though they have plenty of other great activities for that age! I do know they have a blowup bouncers with waterside, obstical course and a large outdoor area with trampolines, rock climbing etc. you can see the pics on their site and under reviews narrow down by kids areas.

I have not heard of the unpacking bags but I guess you never know. I do think that you can upgrade to fc when you get there because its a service the rooms aren't really any different but I would look over the reviews were people have actually upgraded once they got there and message them directly.

As far as location I would look at this map it looks like building "p" is nearest to beach

www.resortsmaps.com/popup.html…

Not sure if I helped any but good luck

ACTIVITIES FOR CHILDREN (subject to changes)

Eco Tour

Eco workshops

Bike rides

Swimming classes

Good hygiene habits

Biscuit making

Pizza making

Treasure hunt

Movie night

Magic show

Science workshop

Face painting

Balloon figures

Tropical party with piñata

Dominican games and obstacle course

Mini disco

Mini Olympics

Terrace games

Beach trips (8 years and over )

Tennis classes (4 years and over)

Day trip to Manatí Park (8 years and over) (*)

(*) With charge

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,688 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Reserve at Paradisus Palma - Room and Location Questions

7 times to pc and this is our favorite resort...

1. go to the ppr reserve website for room descriptions

2. you can call the resort and negotiate that way if you want... email martina (search her name and find her email here in this forum)

3. the main section of the resort is closest to the beach... not the reserve.. its a 10 min walk or a 3 min golf cart ride... i actually like the walk.. very nice path with great landscaping, birds etc..

4. yes

5. you can talk to the kids club ppl about what they do when you get there... its not just arts and crafts...

6. no idea

7. you will see bad and good reviews on both... all personal preference...

8. for 500 bux more... I would go with PPR reserve vs the others... no question... usually much more for this resort

Boston...
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Reserve at Paradisus Palma - Room and Location Questions

Thanks trik and everyone else for the help! I appreciate it. I guess a swim up suite is not eligible with a 6 year old from what I am seeing.

Also trik are you saying yes to butler service being able to fulfill pretty much any request as long as you take care of them?

And i didn't see specific room categories broken down regarding locale but looks like no reserve rooms Re close to beach

And Sam thank you for posting that information and I hope you have a wonderful trip :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
191 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Reserve at Paradisus Palma - Room and Location Questions

Update: I booked Sept 5th-9th at the Reserve with Family Concierge :)

I am curious if anyone can help fill in any of the information that was unanswered in this thread?

Thank you everyone!

7. Re: The Reserve at Paradisus Palma - Room and Location Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 07:18