We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Beach Bar at Majestic Colonial?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
No Beach Bar at Majestic Colonial?

A review that was posted today states that there is no beach bar at the Majestic Colonial. They were quite upset about this.

I checked the website of the resort, and it states that there IS a beach bar.

I've never been to a resort without a beach bar before. Can someone clarify?

Also, how far is it from the beach (approximately)?

Bloomfield...
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No Beach Bar at Majestic Colonial?

Unless something change since I have been there, the "beach bar" is located directly behind the beach (cross a sidewalk) where they have continental breakfast and a small buffet lunch. It is VERY close.

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Beach Bar at Majestic Colonial?

There is a new beach bar on the beach in the new club section also for club guests.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No Beach Bar at Majestic Colonial?

One of my favofite spots..day and night...the beach bar.

Deer Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
903 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No Beach Bar at Majestic Colonial?

the beach bar is in the steak/seafood restaurant which is right by the beach they also had a hit set up as a bar when we were there in May

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
347 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No Beach Bar at Majestic Colonial?

We were in the regular section, not Colonial, and there was no beach bar. I didn't see one on the Colonial side but couldn't say for sure. The bar is in the restaurant area and is by no means what I would consider a beach bar. There are some awesome waiters who will get your drinks for you. The waiters at the restaurant bar are terrible. Be prepared for them to look in your hand as to whether or not you get served! I was the only person there and then others came and then after waiting over 5 minutes, probably closer to 10, I left. Totally not impressed with that bar and also not the swim-up bar.

6. Re: No Beach Bar at Majestic Colonial?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2014, 06:19