We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 more days!!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
2 more days!!

I'm so excited. Thursday the 18th I'll be laying on the beach under the palm trees at the Riu Palace Bavaro. My very first trip to DR and so super excited. With all this bombing in Boston and today they evacuated Laguardia Airport here in NY, (I'm leaving out of JFK) but it's all a little scary. After we had Hurricane Sandy, a huge snow storm, I really need a vacation and it can't come quick enough. PC here I come!

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 more days!!

Enjoy your first vacation to the DR! It sounds like you really, really need it. I can tell you that going there is very addictive, and this will most likely be the first of many!

Enjoy!!!!

Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 more days!!

That's what I have been hearing. Everyone I know that has gone to PC has just loved it and always goes back. I'm hoping for the same experience. I've been to Aruba, Jamaica and Turks & Caicos. But I just keep hearing such great things about the beaches and all in PC. :)

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 more days!!

We have been at least 20+ times (not exactly sure on the count anymore). We have also been to other parts of the Dominican, Grenada, Bahamas, and a few other places, and keep gravitating back to the DR. For us its the people, amazing consistent weather, and laid back atmosphere. We are beach people as opposed to pool people, and we really, love the ocean and sand. Nothing like it!!!

You will be happy to get out of the snow and into the warm weather. My husband was recently in your neck of the woods (Amityville) helping out with hurricane Sandy relief. He works for Toronto Hydro, and was one of the people who helped to get your power on. He showed me some amazing pictures (complete devistation) of what you guys endured, so I for one know exactly why you need to get away.

Enjoy your time in paradise.........

Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 more days!!

Well thank you to your husband for helping out Long Island. I was fortunate enough not to be affected by the storm. We own a towing company and also saw much devastation. My heart really hurt for those that lost so much including some of our own family members. But I am so needing of a vacation more so this year than any other. PC sounds and looks wonderful.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 more days!!

Have a great vacation. I know what you mean..............We are from N.H. and friends were at the Marathon but are O.K.

Level Contributor
80 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 more days!!

Oh Bob,, thank God that your friends are all ok. What a tragedy. My heart is just aching for all those people that were injured or killed. Being from the North East as you are than you really know what I'm talking about. It's been a crazy winter and all. Love the pic of you at the beach it's where I want to be right now! As I sit here getting ready to leave work., thinking just one more day of work AHHH :)

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
362 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 more days!!

Hope the last day of work goes quickly. Looking forward to meeting you on Monday.

Illinois City...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 more days!!

I am so jealous... We are going to the RPB but not till June 23rd... Have fun and be sure to let us know how your trip was...

9. Re: 2 more days!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 05:18