We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Blue in March

NJ
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Topic
Ocean Blue in March

We are going to throw caution to the wind and book Ocean Blue/Sand for March 17-22. I have been reading these postings and updates for hours a night. (thanks Sherryl and all the others for your useful info and pictures!!) In the end I think a bad day in Punta Cana is better than a good day in NJ. Everyone says the food, pool, and beach are great, and i can live with that. If everything is open by then, great! (Im running out of energy to obsess!) But should they not be, I know people have upgraded their trips due to lack of other services. So do i book the extra to be sure, or hope the bowling alley isnt open yet, and i can upgrade to Junior Deluxe? A massage a day would be awful nice! Any suggestions for those more travel experienced? Anyone else headed down there that week?

Florida
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Blue in March

I will be going in MArch also and am awaiting the reviews and hopfully some pics on those that are there right now (several couples). I am hoping things will be better by March...anything is better then the cold snow though!

california
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Blue in March

I am headed down there with my friend March16-23. I am curious about upgrading too, everyone else got away with it at awefully cheap prices, for free or for little $$. Where did you get your package deal from, cant believe it was so cheap. Does anyone know if the water is like other places in the carribean, that gorgeous blue crystal clean look? Also, friends parents are making us a little worried, the place is safe there and everything I am assuming. Why was this package so cheap?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Blue in March

Phillygirl just returned last Saturday Feb 19th and she posted this link to pictures she took while staying at the Ocean Blue.

Just copy and paste this URL

pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/nclarke99/album…

The place is very reasonable because it opened without all the facilities available. Phillygirl just returned and really liked her vacation and said they are working hard to have everything available soon.

I'm going there March 29th - April 5th and really looking forward to it!!!!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Blue in March

Jazzie, I believe the package is cheap because its still a "work in progress" Next year, I am sure it won't be. I will be at Ocean Blue 3/16-23rd. I am sure it will be a blast.

Yem

22 days, 13 hours, 56 min 16 secs

New Jersey
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Blue in March

25 and 23 will be at Ocean from March 27th - April 3rd.

california
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Blue in March

yemanni, since we are coming the same day does your flight get in early in the afternoon or later at night... we get in the early afternoon but dont know about transportation , what are you doing; getting a taxi or does the hotel have some?

Indiana
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ocean Blue in March

Jazziejen5,

Water is beautiful, blue, and clear. The beaches are great and you can walk for long distances if you like, unlike some locations in Mexico where you have coral build up on the beach and can not get around it easly. We are heading down March 18-25 with 3 children, 12G, 15B, 17B. (their first time) and can't wait. We plan on taking a taxi from the airport as we did last time. We hate taking the bus transport supplied by the travel agent (included with our package) they stop at other resorts, not sure if we are one of the first to be dropped off or close to last. It is just easier and faster to take a taxi, we take one both ways so we do not have to leave 4+ hours before our flight leaves. Anyone else with children traveling the same time????

vancouver,canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ocean Blue in March

Hey everyone,

Our large group of eleven are going to be there Mar.31-Apr.7

Delder....We are bringing 12G, 12B, 16G, 18G

Can't wait to PARTY, anyone know anything about the clubs in the area if ours is closed?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Ocean Blue in March

Delder,

That sounds like a great idea (the taxi ride to the resort, rather than the shuttle). Do you have any idea how much extra that will cost?

I'm so happy there will be other teenagers for my daughter to meet.

BTW, we'll be there from March 21-26th.

Can't wait!

Lisa

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Ocean Blue in March

Candy-girl I'm glad to see there'll be kids the same time we're going. (Mar29-Apr5) I'm travelling with 10G and 13B.

The following is what Dano said on a previous post:

"The happening club is Mangu. It is a 2 floor dance club. Cost is 150 pesos OR $6.00US. It costs 180 pesos to take a taxi to the club from the resort."

I'll look for a party of 11 and say Hi. With a group that large you'll have fun no matter what happens.