We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our first time to Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Advice?

seattle
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Our first time to Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Advice?

We're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary and going NEXT month to Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. I've never been there or to the Dominican Republic. We've done one Caribbean cruise and been to Hawaii several times but this will be our first all inclusive vacation.

I'm looking for any tips or advice for this resort and staying at all-inclusives in general. What's the recommendation on tips and what advice do you have on things to be sure to pack or leave at home?

Thanks!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our first time to Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Advice?

Great Resort..............been there 3 times

Deer Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
905 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our first time to Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Advice?

You have chosen a amazing resort by far our favorite spot , its hard to get much better, amazing huge winding pool lovely rooms great staff and food, very well layed out resort not to big and not to small just right. The Domincian Republic is amazing some of the most friendless people you will ever meet very happy people , once you go there once you will be hooked , we long to go every year we just love it the beach at the majestic is beautiful you can take long walks or just sit and relax always a place to sit. If you have any questions feel free to ask been there twice.

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
64 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our first time to Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Advice?

Bring a bubba keg or some sort of insulated mug for your daytime drinks! I think thats the first tip for a first all inclusive experience :)

Old Bridge, NJ
Level Contributor
520 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our first time to Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Advice?

And a float for the pool.

seattle
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Our first time to Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Advice?

And what's the standard on tipping at the resort? Do you tip as drinks are served to you or just to the staff once a day (maids etc?). I've not stayed in an all-inclusive before so I don't know what to prepare for.

tempe arizona
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Our first time to Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Advice?

can anyone tell me if you stay at Majestic Elegance can you visit Majestic Colonial ? Also how much was the transfer from air port to hotel?

7. Re: Our first time to Majestic Colonial in Punta Cana. Advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 05:17