We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked at Majestic Colonial question about drinks

philadelphia
Level Contributor
492 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Booked at Majestic Colonial question about drinks

We have booked the club section but I am reading reviews of very bad choice of liquor and having to pay for drinks in the lobby bar???? Can anyone who has been there recently give me some idea of what I might expect. Any name brand liquor available and reccomendations of drinks you have enjoyed there?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked at Majestic Colonial question about drinks

Top shelf brands are sparse at most mid-level all-inclusives. If they are available you'll likely have to ask for them. Even then, the daily supply can be limited as well.

I've been to the Colonial, but I'm not sure of the exact offering, I just drink the local brands offered. If you have a preference, you may want to look into bringing some with you.

They have a good offering of drinks, produced mostly from syrups or other mixes, with local brand alcohol, or top shelf when available.

Happy travels.

Deer Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
920 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked at Majestic Colonial question about drinks

we have been there twice and mostly what you get are their brands like brugal rums normandy etc they have no crown royal whiskey, they have gressy which is the same as baileys and is very good, they have jb scotch I did see some absolute vodka as well other than that beer is presidente and they also had canned brama beer which we didnt like. We bring our own rum from home in our suitcase so we can get a good drink we like evey now and then

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
655 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked at Majestic Colonial question about drinks

Been there...no charge for drinks in any of the bars.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
492 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked at Majestic Colonial question about drinks

bump

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,628 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked at Majestic Colonial question about drinks

Heading to the MC for our third trip and agree with all the above.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
492 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked at Majestic Colonial question about drinks

bump

Nahville, TN
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booked at Majestic Colonial question about drinks

Well I can tell you what the sister resort Majestic Elegance has and sure the Colonial is the same. Rums are Dominican Brugal but they do have hi end Ron Barcelo, whisky Jack Danials, Scotch Johney Walker red and black, gin Tanqueray, Vodka Absolute, Beer Presidente These are not visable so you have to ask and there is no extra charge. Hope tihis helps.

Mentioned in this post
Majestic Elegance Punta Cana
Majestic Elegance Punta...
16,820 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
Barcelo Bavaro Palace
16,624 Reviews
Dominican Republic
8. Re: Booked at Majestic Colonial question about drinks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 06:18