We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana vs. Paradisus

New York
11 posts
Save Topic
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana vs. Paradisus

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to go away to Punta Cana as early as tomorrow. I need your help. I'm down to either the Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana or Paradisus Punta Cana. A little background... I'm 28, female, traveling alone. I've gone to mexico by myself before alone many times, so im very comfortable. I'm looking for beach/pool drinking, beach thats not far away, and some kind of nightlife (even if it's just 10 people at a bar)... which do you think would be better for me?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,759 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana vs. Paradisus

Given your demographics and desires, our opinion is that the Gran Bahia complex would be the better selection for you, inspite of the Paradisus Punta Cana being the smaller & more upscale resort. You are more-likely to have other singles and more night-life options at the Gran Bahia. For a room closer to the beach, upgrade to one of their club level rooms.

Happy Travels whichever you choose!

Edited: 19 April 2013, 18:56
Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
607 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana vs. Paradisus

I've been to both resorts. We did meet several solo female travellers at Paradisus, but in the grand scheme there is so much more nightlife at Bahia so chances of you finding people to spend day and night time with are huge!

Have a blast. I loved both resorts!

3. Re: Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana vs. Paradisus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2014, 05:18