We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand palladium palace

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
415 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
grand palladium palace

we stayed at the grand palladium beach last year. thinking about moving up to the palace . is it the same hotel . is it worth it? i know the same beach which is great but the room. thanks jack

Level Contributor
853 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grand palladium palace

The Palace, Bavaro and Punta Cana sections are all really the same "quality". Some rooms have been recently renovated, but that's really the only difference. The one perk of the Palace section is it's rather small, so all the rooms are close to the beach.

If you want to stay with the Palladium, but move up, your only option would be the Royal Suites Turquesa or the "Imperial Club". I'm not sure if any American tour operators offer the imperial club. The Royal Suites Turquesa is the adult only section of the hotel which some extra luxuries.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand palladium palace

I'm not sure which section you visited last time, as you state Palladium Beach. Of the three sister resorts, The Grand Palladium Bavaro, GP Punta Cana and GP Palace, I would say the Bavaro will offer you the nicest rooms since most were recently updated. The biggest differences in the three sections is the PC and Palace property layout versus the Bavaro. The Bavaro is a very large long stretch of property with a greater distance from the beach to the lobby, so more walking would be involved. The PC and Palace have their accommodations more centralized to all the facilities, putting you just a few steps from your room to the beach, lobby and restaurants.

The Bavaro property has the 24hr sports bar, the largest buffets for breakfast and dinner, along with Hemingways cocktail bar that serves a better quality of alcohol.

One advantage of booking the Palace is the fact that if the resort is feeling generous and would want to offer you a free upgrade, you automatically move into the Royal Suites Turquesa, adult only section with all the pampering. Just something to think about, as I have heard of it happening during low seasons when there is more availability. If it were me, I would book which ever resort offers the best deal.

Saint John, Canada
Level Contributor
2,999 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand palladium palace

we stayed in the palace section this past February. however we did not use any of that section of the resort. we were in building 68 which is steps from the big pool in the punta cana section, the bar and the buffet. we actually found the buffet at the punta cana better than the palace. as stated before go with whichever section you can get the best price on.

Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand palladium palace

The bavaro section has recently renovated rooms in the junior suites category, in fact all the rooms close to the beach are junior suites now. ( there are a few buildings up by the sports fields and directly to the left of the lobby when facing the beach that have not yet been renovated, these buildings have JS, deluxe and standard Roos )

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,835 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grand palladium palace

Do you have any idea if the remaining rooms by the sports fields will also be renovated?

6. Re: grand palladium palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 05:18