We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dancing in Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dancing in Punta Cana

My friends and I are going to be at the Dreams Palm Beach in a couple weeks. We're looking for a place in town/quick cab ride away to go bachata dancing. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Massanutten...
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dancing in Punta Cana

Yeah. I have a suggestion. Stay on ur resort!

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dancing in Punta Cana

A 20 minute cab ride would take you to the Friusa area of Bavaro where you could try the De lujo carwash or a bit further down the go drink bar which has become very popular.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
356 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dancing in Punta Cana

Cyndim98, Have you ever been off of a resort???

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dancing in Punta Cana

Imagine Nightclub is a popular off-resort nightlife option in Punta Cana. Located inside a cave it's about a 15-30 minute ride from most resorts. I believe it is the number 1 nightclub in PC.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,771 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dancing in Punta Cana

Dreams PB is located in Cabeza del Toro and aside from a small disco (Moon I believe)...pretty quiet.

Imagine would be your closest venue. It is broken into different sections with different music. You can arrange a package once at the resort.

As for the comment about "stay on ur resort"....never mind.

Ottawa , Ontario
Level Contributor
418 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dancing in Punta Cana

I always love reading posts from people that are looking to go off resort. I decided to not do all inclusive and rent a condo to be able to tour and go off and meet with locals.

For someone that is asking questions about being a "Punta Cana Virgin" to tell you to stay "on your resort" is kind of out of line and counter productive to this forum.

All these suggestions are good to get you dancing.

I hope you have a great time touring/ dancing with the locals! I know I will. I feel sad for people that fly to a foreign county that is so full of culture and great people. Only to sit between 4 walls of a resort!

Sorry for the rant, just my thoughts.

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dancing in Punta Cana

Well said Ottawaguy.....

A post such as that is not only uninformed but also unproductive. What is the point? I am always curious as to WHY people feel so strongly about "not going off resort". We've been traveling to PC since 2005 and have never felt that way. Even on our very first trip when we were naive enough to sit through the Apple presentation we saw right through the spiel and realized that was just an effort to get us to book everything through their tour group!

Just my thoughts...

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dancing in Punta Cana

Thanks for your replies. I've only to DR once, but I've been to various other countries/islands and never felt any less safe going "off the resort" than hitting up downtown Atlanta. The resort aspect is just easier when traveling with a large group staying different lengths of time. I know some resorts have good discos, and some don’t, so I wanted to see if I could get some local or experienced opinion. And I agree about the resort tours trying to keep you from using other (usually better) options.

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dancing in Punta Cana

I began traveling to PC in 1999. The travel company we used at that time, declared that we should not leave the resort for any reason or rent a car, stating it was not safe. Truthfully, scared the heck out of us. Prior to that, we had traveled to many Caribbean islands and toured all of them on our own to get a feel for their culture and way of life. Never had anyone told us that it would be unsafe to leave our resort as they had in PC. So perhaps the fault lies at the feet of some travel companies that are telling travelers to stay on the resort.

Punta Cana is lovely and we have never felt unsafe traveling off resort for so many years. At this point in time, I actually feel safer there than I do in the US.

10. Re: Dancing in Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 05:17