We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, Virginia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

Arriving Saturday. 2 of us are booked in Deluxe Room and 2 of us are booked in Jr Suite Deluxe. We booked through different sites, Expedia and Vacationstogo. Does anyone have a current email for room requests please? Also I have been to Barcelo Mayan PD and there is an adults only pool with covered beds available for daily rental, are these available here as well? Is there a breakfast/lunch buffet at the golf section or will we have to take tram to beach side to eat? Thanks for any help.

Montreal
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

You can email to sac9@barcelo.com.

Or you can reach the Guest Service Manager at Claudia Arrospide at

bavaro.palacedeluxe.rrpp-jefe@barcelo.com.

I hope it helps :)

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

Yes -there is a small buffet and a-la-carte for breakfast lunch and dinner (La Hoya) at the golf section.

You would not likely take the tram to the beach restaraunts - it is a short walk from the golf lobby.

There is a small adult pool with Bali beds at the Palace but they are not for rent - first come first serve.

Portsmouth, Virginia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

Thank you mptca and wedingmoonsoon. Looking forward to comparing the BBPD to the BMPD which I have been to twice and am very happy with their resort. Sometimes it is so hard to decipher what people consider a short walk and something tram worthy. I am excited about walking the resort for fitness reasons.

virginia
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

when are you going and if you have already gone how was it

Portsmouth, Virginia
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

We were there last week and had a wonderful time. Two of us had a room on the Lilly pond.. Benefit to being on thegolf course side is Hoya 19 for breakfast and lunch. We preferred it to the buffet. We managed to eat in a specialty restaurant each evening. The only negative was the buffet but we avoided it. The beach is fantastic and the other girls in our group had rooms on the beach down towards the adults only side which looked like snoozerville any other questions ask please

Columbus, Ohio
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

What is the atmosphere like at the Barcelo Palace? Was it a lively hotel with activities at pool and/or beach? Did you go to sports bar or disco? Would you say this hotel is more geared toward families? Thanks!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
92 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

Tina - I just got back from the Barcelo Palace. There is definitely stuff for kids to do there, but I honestly didn't see very many kids at all. It was way more couples/adults and geared in a more fun, lively, lots of drinking around the beach bars, loud music playing on the beach kind of atmosphere. We loved it. There were a lot of organized activities around the beach like dancing lessons, darts game, horse shoes, etc. We went to the disco once. It was fun, lots of people, good drinks, good dancing and switches music between English and Spanish. We spent a lot of time at the sports bar b/c my boyfriend wanted to keep tabs on the NBA and NHL playoffs. Luckily they have so many TVs he was able to see a lot of basketball and hockey at the sports bar while we were there.

virginia
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

what liquors are included and was it a long walk from golf resort side

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
92 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

mrrn2u - It's only about a 5 min walk from golf side to the main resort area if you cut through the parking lot and driveway to the lobby instead of following the walkways past the golf shop, stores and kids club. The tram is really not necessary. The liquors at the bars were Presidente beer, wine, champagne and mixed drinks with local rum, vodka, tequila, gin, whiskey, etc. We didn't ask for premium liquors, so I don't know if that's included, but probably costs more. I think in the restaurants you can only get beer, wine or champagne though.

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe-room requests

wrong ,beds at the adult pool are for rent for $15 and must be reserved