We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bavaro Princess VS. PuntaCana Princess

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Quebec...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bavaro Princess VS. PuntaCana Princess

Hi everyone, i'm planning to book a trip at puntacana as a couple, and i'm really interested to book my vacation with the ''Princess'', however for those who went or saw those two hotels, or even from what you heard.... what are the main differences between the two? Which one should i pick? Because i know the the Bavaro Princess is a big resort... so within that, i'm not sure...

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,512 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bavaro Princess VS. PuntaCana Princess

I have only been to the Bavaro Princess. Bavaro Princess is more of a family resort so you will get children there. The PCP is adult only. All the rooms of the BP were updated a couple of years ago and are beautiful, I have seen reviews that say the PCP rooms are a bit worn and dated, but don't know this from personal experience. I didn't find the BP resort to be that large - I have stayed at bigger - and there is a tram that loops around the resort. We didn't upgrade to Platinum because we weren't that interested in the additional perks, and the rooms are no different for a bungalow suite vs platinum.

Montreal, Quebec...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bavaro Princess VS. PuntaCana Princess

Okay, thanks!! :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bavaro Princess VS. PuntaCana Princess

Hi, I would go for PCP if a couple. I spent a good amount of time there while staying Platinum at Bavaro Princess. IMO, it is a nicer place overall. Was not a big fan of BP but others love it.

Regards.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bavaro Princess VS. PuntaCana Princess

Note that the PCP will be under room renovations from September to end of November.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bavaro Princess VS. PuntaCana Princess

IN five trips to BP, we were never in any way bothered by any children.

I'm guessing that most parents took them to the smaller pool up by the lobby?? because we never saw them down by the big pool with the swim up bar and activities/music, and rarely at the beach. We did see some parents going by once in a while with a babe in a stroller, enjoying the winding pathways thru the beautiful gardens at BP.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,863 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bavaro Princess VS. PuntaCana Princess

I have been to both

Main difference is sheer size. The BP is sometimes inconveniently large. The PCP is small, ultra quiet and laid back, no tram, none needed.

The fun thing about the PCP is that it is quiet and laid back but just a quick hop next door to the caribe club princess gives you access to a whole lot more activities, restaurants, grills, crepes, ice cream, pools, and the lively nightly entertainment. So you have the best of both worlds.

Not overrun either by kids at the bp

7. Re: Bavaro Princess VS. PuntaCana Princess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2014, 06:16