We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Santo Domingo aiport to Punta Cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gulf Breeze, Florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Santo Domingo aiport to Punta Cana

What is the best way to get from Santo Domingo Airport to Punta Cana. Out tickets were $350 cheaper each if we flew into Santo Domingo. Does anyone know how long it will take to drive that distance?

Silver Spring...
Destination Expert
for Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
7,782 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo aiport to Punta Cana

A taxi will eat up your savings pretty quick at about $200 per trip. Your best and most cost effective option is to take a taxi to the stop for the Bavaro Express bus. The bus costs about $10 USD (payable in Pesos). It will be about a 3-4 hour ride on the bus.

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo aiport to Punta Cana

I have done this trip 2 times with both times taking advantage of the savings of flying into Santo Domingo. I was able to get private taxi for $165 each way that would fit up to 5 people -we had 2 the first time and 4 the 2nd time. www.SantoDomingoTaxi.com -they have an American reservation number and someone who speaks English. There company is a little more expensive then a bus but they can usually make it there in about 2.5 hours if they use the new road and it is a private car. I used this company because all the drivers speak English, take American money and will be at the airport with the a sign with your name on it. They make it very easy for someone like me who loves the Caribbean but not that great at my Spanish. While I have never taken the bus, by the time you get a taxi, take that to the bus station and then wait for the bus to leave, I heard you can spend most of the day just dealing with that. You also have to get a taxi at the bus station in Punta Cana. From what I have been told by the time you are done with everything you barely save money over a private taxi and you spend your whole vacation day saving that little bit of money. I got smart the 2nd trip and found another couple on the plane to share the ride with us. The trip was $165 and all 4 of us split the cost. Works out to be $40-ish per person. That is not bad.

Good Luck and enjoy your vacation,

Jeff

Boston
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo aiport to Punta Cana

hi

we did just that last November. We used www.mydominciantransfers.com Name is Julio. It cost us 310.00 round trip I could not find anyone that beat that price. On time outside with a sign with your name on it we were at our resort in about 21/2 hours and that is including one or two stops along the way.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,933 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo aiport to Punta Cana

I understand the cost savings, but aren't you essentially wasting a good two days out of your vacation, just dealing with the transfers back and forth to Santo Domingo? That's what makes it not worth it to me, unless I could go for longer than a week, and could also spend a few days in SD. But just to fly in and leave right away to head to PC..... dunno.

5. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo aiport to Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2013, 14:24
6. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo aiport to Punta Cana

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 October 2013, 23:35
7. Re: Getting from Santo Domingo aiport to Punta Cana

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2014, 05:16