We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Now Larimar

Indiana
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants Now Larimar

We are going to Secrets first of May and was wondering if any of the restaurants at Now Larimar are good or should we just eat at Secrets the entire week?

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants Now Larimar

According to flip flop mans review, only the windstar at the NOW was good.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,559 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants Now Larimar

We found the food at Now to be no where near as good as at SRB. Only exception was the Windows Restaurant

How many nights are you going for???

Feel free to check out my reviews of both properties which have links to large photo albums

Edited: 24 April 2013, 23:18
Indiana
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants Now Larimar

We are going for 6 nights at Secrets.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
160 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants Now Larimar

I also stayed at Secrets, but really enjoyed eating at Mecure at Now. It's also adults only and was decorated beautifully. I'm not experienced in French food, but I enjoyed everything I ordered. My only suggestion is to get there early since there may be quite a wait. We waited about 1.5 hr, but found it to be worth the wait.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants Now Larimar

We really liked the food at the Italian Restaurant at the newer portion of NOW. Just go to the lobby at SRB and they take you over in a golf cart. We talked with a lot of people and they ate there a few times and thought it was the best restaurant of any. I believe they have an Italian Chef. One thing, the wine isn't as good so not a bad time to buy a better bottle. Our food was delicious and the ride back and forth was fun in our private cart.

The French Restaurant was not bad. Make sure you try the Sushi Restaurant. They have menu items also and if you want something different, just ask.

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants Now Larimar

We enjoyed capers, spice a la carte and hibachi and mercure (adults only).

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants Now Larimar

I would plan on eating late at NOW. Between 6:30 and till around 8 the restaurants are very crowded. Usually later you can just walk in.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
267 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants Now Larimar

We ate at the Italian (in the courtyard of Larimar), the Japanese, and the pub style place at the Now Larimar. We thought that the Italian was awful and the other two were barely OK. I would stick to the ala cartes at Secrets, in my opinion. Don't miss the grill at Secrets for lunch. It is down the steps at the end of the porch.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants Now Larimar

The Italian Restaurant I mentioned was in the new section of NOW and I believe is a newer restaurant with an Italian chef. The aerobics and another instructor that was there for a few weeks ate there almost every night. I was there this past Jan.

Indiana
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants Now Larimar

Thanks for all the information.