We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
473 posts
Save Topic
Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

I have gone through several topics on the forum and so far I haven't been able to fully confirm if the wifi is free in the lobby or not.

Some say is free in the lobby, some say only for Royal club.. some say is the lobby of the Royal club (??)

Would some one be able to fully confirm ? if so, where is it and who has access (everyone, only Royal guests, etc?).

Having said that I also understand that there is an option to pay $25 for 25 (non-consecutive) hours fo wifi. We're still trying to decide if its worth paying.... Knowing more about the free option would help out decision.

Thanks!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

I am trying to find out the same. We will be there from May 4th - May 11th so if your going after our stay I'll let you know.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
14,095 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

Worst case scenario...take a short walk just past the entrance to your resort. Steve's Corner Bar has complimentary wifi. Just ask one of the girls for the code.

Cheers

PCMike

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
473 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

Great to know! thanks!

My son actually checked in this morning, and they told him there is no free wifi in the resort.

I'm sure he'll be happy to hear Steve's bar has the option (and I'm sure he'll also be happy to know that he can catch an NHL playoff game at the same time!)

Thanks again !!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

I thought they had free wifi in the Lobby?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
473 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

Sorry, just to clarify they told him only free wifi if you're in the Royal Club (which he's not), otherwise you have to pay for it.

Maybe they were just trying to get rid of him or get him to buy the 25 for 25 option ??

I'll ask him again tonight when he calls.

Edited: 29 April 2013, 19:15
N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

Thanks...................$25.00 for 25 hours isn't bad if you only use a couple hours per day.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

Take a look at gobecon. $29 for a week you can connect multiple devices. We used them and were extremely happy with the service. You can use the wifi anywhere! on and off the resort. They also have an app that lets you buy discounted excursions much cheaper than the hotel. Exact same excursion.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
473 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

ok... so no luck with the free wifi....

They ended up getting the $25 for 25 hr to share... super cheap option since is 5 of them so he ended up paying $5 for 1hr/day.... plenty of time for checking emails and say hi here and there every day!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

did you look into gobecon? its Unlimited internet.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
473 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Free Wifi - Occidental Punta Cana??

well, it is a good "value" but they don't really need to have unlimited access... just some time in the evening to get in touch with family and friends... 1 hr a day is more than they really need on vacation. I don't even think they are going to end up using all 25 hrs.

But hey! I'll keep that in mind.... thanks for the info :)