We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

Was wondering while you are in the water - how do you keep your sunglasses, books, ipods or whatever safe?

Thanks,

Connecticut
Level Contributor
112 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

Maybe we were too trusting but our camera we just put into our beach bag and glasses just left on the chair or table. I had some money for tips and I just had a zip lock bag I kept in a secured pocket in my swim suit.

I have to say as we sat there you talk to and watch the people near you and I think they do the same. I did not see or hear of any problems the week we were there.

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

Which resort are you going to needabreakCanada? So long as you keep your "stuff" well hidden when you are not there, your personal belongings should be safe. I say "should be" as I have never lost anything from someone taking it, or heard of anyone while on vacation that had something taken from their chairs etc. Now, I do not take down my ipad because I would worry a bit about that. But as far as my books, sunglasess, etc.....not ever an issue. I actully leave them right out on my chair usually. We have been at least 25X in total to PC and have stayed in about 5 different resorts, and have never had an issue during any of our stays like I said.

Anything of value, you might want to take with you in a beach bag if you leave the area for lunch or a walk if you are concerned.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,843 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

Never had a problem here either. Everyone is in the same boat. But again I don't take expensive equipment like an Ipad ot laptop when I go on vacation. I do take a Dig Camera and just leave it in my knacksack on my lounger.

canada
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

We are going to Grand Bahia Principe Bavaro.

I will not be bringing tablet to pool/beach but will bring camera and perhaps ipod. Definately will take with us to lunch - but concerned about when we are snorkeling off beach.

Thanks

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

We have purchased towels from "Bath Bed and Beyond" that "fit" onto the beach chairs. They also have a zippered section at the foot area of the towel that draps over the bottom of your chair. The zipper is "underneath". For anyone who knows me.......will now know where we keep our "stuff" when we are swimming or going for a quick walk.

It is blind to anyone walking by when looking at these beach chair towels. They also tie onto the chairs so people have to go through alot to get them off once they have been secured. for those people who know us.....they know about these special towels as well!

canada
Level Contributor
1,619 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

Ok went to BB & B and didn't find any towels like that.

Do they still sell them?

Thanks

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,677 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

You do read posts on all forums from time to time where things have gone missing

Leaving them unattended is a risk

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

We bring a digital waterproof camera with us to the beach (a Kodak Easyshare purchased for less than $100 on amazon.com US). This camera is also sand resistant. That way we can just take the camera with us when we go into the water, no need to leave it somewhere. The good camera stays in the safe, sometimes we won't even bring it if it is going to be a beach only vacation.

If I've brought my kindle to the lounger to read, and everyone from my group is going in the water, I'll go ahead back to the room and lock it up, just to be safe.

Cash for tips leaves the safe in small amounts of $1 bills, so we just leave it with our other stuff. If someone takes $10 from our beach stuff, oh well. But we haven't had a problem.

I've never had trouble with sunglasses, paperback books, clothes, etc. going missing due to humans taking it, I just leave them on the lounger. I did have a cover-up blow away in Hawaii, so if it is windy I'll weigh down my lighter items down.

I would say if you have something you can't stand to loose, don't take it to the beach and leave it sitting out. Theft isn't the only thing that could damage a camera or tablet. Sand, water, humidity, none of those things are friends of expensive electronics.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

@ needabreak, I think this is what she is referring to. www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp…

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do you keep your things safe at beach/pool?

Got mine in Ajax last year. They also have them on line if you look up beach chair towels.