We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NOW Larimar Tropical view room...HELP!!!

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
67 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
NOW Larimar Tropical view room...HELP!!!

We are leaving in just over 3 weeks and noone has been able to answer my questions about the Tropical View room at the NOW. Do they really look into the alley way or the maintance area of the properties next door? Also, beings that June is "off season" what are the chances of getting an upgrade of a room? Im not looking for an hand out....paying the extra is not a problem. And I have seen on here that people get an upgrade to preferred service but not to preferred rooms...How do I go about doing this? And does anyone have any clue as to the price that this will cost? Trying to see if things are really worth the money.

We are traveling as our first vacation together and only plan on leaving the resort for a land excursion and a beach excursion.

Thank you for any and all help.

Maryland
Level Contributor
67 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NOW Larimar Tropical view room...HELP!!!

Bump

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NOW Larimar Tropical view room...HELP!!!

tropical view room i would await to be a garden view, on some palom trees, so i guess for the resorts a alley with some trees aside is what they name a tropical view.

sorry buddy,

in other words that means the basic room category where they can give you almost any room they have available upon arrival.

happy travels

Mike

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
145 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NOW Larimar Tropical view room...HELP!!!

It never hurts to send an e-mail a few days before your arrival and ask for a room that has the characteristics that you want (ex. second floor, facing the pool). In my experience, if they have the room available that you request they will give it to you.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
815 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NOW Larimar Tropical view room...HELP!!!

I agree, email the resort about a week before you go and make your request. Also there are 2 different areas to the NOW, one that is by the ocean and one that only has a pool and you have to get to the ocean by art or walking to the other resort. You may want to check to see which one you are booked into. I haven't stayed at NOW but at secrets, and we went down there to the Italian restaurant one night for dinner. I don't have any other info on it.

5. Re: NOW Larimar Tropical view room...HELP!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 05:16