We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reserving loungers

4 posts
Save Topic
Reserving loungers

Just spent 4 weeks in Punta Cana in 3 different resorts and loved it. There was one thing that was disappointing at all 3 resorts and that is guests reserving beds in prime locations very early in the morning then getting up at midday then claiming them. Also the same people reserving prime beds on the beach and by the pool then claiming their pool beds around 4pm. We also witnessed big groups of people with adjoining swim up rooms also reserving prime locations around the pool and not using them to mid afternoon and sometimes not at all.

I think that all resorts should have a maximum time that any bed is left for. 90 mins is long enough to do most things and if its any longer then they should give it up then it could be used by someone that wanted it. There are always plenty of non prime beds

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Reserving loungers

There is only one solution.

People should be allowed to reserve loungers only with resort towels ( resorts should provide more towels, so people can exchange them at any time)

Georgina, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reserving loungers

No reserving period. The resorts have let it get out of hand.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reserving loungers

Nobody ,never will stop reserving loungers- that is utopia.

But reserving only with resort towels would eliminate multiple spots claiming.

If people want to use their own towels they should also put resort towel in visible place .

Reserving loungers with books ,flip fops etc should be illegal - so people are justified if those items are removed..

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
2,233 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reserving loungers

People should not be reserving loungers at all! It's rude and inconsiderate of others. I for one have absolutely no problem letting anyone that comes down to the beach about any reserved chairs that have been empty for at least an hour. If someone has a problem with that......TUFF! TO BAD ABOUT YOUR LUCK!

Edited: 09 May 2013, 02:42
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Reserving loungers

It is just inconsiderate to others. I personally am out in the sun about 7:30 and normally find good places to lay out but occasionally everything good are empty and reserved and will stay that way to late morning. We have even seen people moving other people's stuff and then disappearing themselves

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reserving loungers

Vicky

I agree with you ...But if resort could eliminate multiple lungers reserving - there would be enough chairs for everybody.

How long chair can remain empty - that is another problem to solve ....

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,974 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reserving loungers

It's just plain sad how people get their knickers in a twist over something so trivial. If you're experiencing such problems with getting a lounger, then maybe you're going to the wrong resorts. What's even more sad is people timing how long someone is away from their lounger. Shouldn't you be enjoying yourselves, rather than worrying about what someone else is doing?

I mean, okay, if someone comes down, and a spot next to me hasn't been occupied for hours, then I'd tell them I haven't seen anyone there. But an hour? Come on!! Do you bring a stopwatch for this?

I think people should concern themselves with their own vacation and stop worrying about what others are doing. In more than 30 trips, I've never had a problem finding a suitable spot, at any time of day.

Shouldn't you be focusing on having a good time, rather than getting upset about whether or not someone has their butt in their chair?

Mark

canada
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reserving loungers

So maybe this is a good place to ask my question:

Hubby and I live in the water coming out for snack, drink and the obvious washroom break, so will we still have our chairs when we occasionally come out of water?

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reserving loungers

In truth I can say when we have looked for a place on the beach we have always found one, that said DH is not big on the beach and we have not hung out there Ina few trips, we have realized we are patio people so generally it's all good for us , that said we have observed many pool lounges reserved all week ( one with a distinctive towel) and we never saw anyone sit there

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reserving loungers

I leave a big dog on my sun lounger when I go for a swim. It's always there on my return