We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breathless PC preopening special

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Breathless PC preopening special

Just saw on their website that they're offering preopening special of $124 pp, per night! I know they will have kinks to work out but sounds like a pretty good deal! Big fan of AM Resorts , I'm sure it'll be great! Has anyone booked?

Oakmont...
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breathless PC preopening special

whats the website address i can not find it?? Thanks

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breathless PC preopening special

www.breathlesspuntacana.com

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,903 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breathless PC preopening special

"I know they will have kinks to work out but sounds like a pretty good deal! "

Unfortunately, when resorts have done this before many people seem to forget about the possibility of kinks and give them terrible reviews if they do have any

Edited: 09 May 2013, 22:17
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Breathless PC preopening special

as fact during PREopening there will not just be kinks to work out, there will be things not running as planned.

"kinks" are worked out during the first 4-6 months after the full opening of a new resort.

Preopening means testtime.

btw, $124.- per person per night i do not see that much of a special, or does your quote include transfers or airfare or such?

happy travels

Mike

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breathless PC preopening special

Is this a brand new resort, or name change of an existing resort?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Breathless PC preopening special

Brian,

it is a new hotel to be built in the future in Uvero Alto.

Breathless is one of the branding names of the AM Resorts management/sales company, so they are on the line with Dreams and Secrets.

Mike

Toronto,ON
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breathless PC preopening special

The resort was originally to open as NOW Onyx this November but they changed it to be the first on their new line called Breathless. Not surprising considering what appears to be a demand for adults only. I thought the building had started already. Wouldn't it have to by now for November opening.

It was explained to us by management while at Secrets Silversands a few weeks ago that it was going to be above Secrets and Zoetry.

The room at around $250/night per couple for all inclusive seems like a fair deal. Transat Holidays is offering it for around that. I think it was $1300 and something per person including airfare plus tax out if Toronto. It might actually be cheaper to book thru resort directly and airfare separately. That of course is for the basic room not in Opulence Club (preferred club). We will probably book in a few months for December.

Also looking forward to the Dreams in Costa Rica for 2014. Apparently they had government related permit type delays. We are hoping to go in April 2014 if ready.

They also told us that they would love to open in Hawaii but the restrictions on all inclusive resorts there are posing a problem to their type of resorts. It may not ever happen.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
1,878 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breathless PC preopening special

Mike, It doesn't include air or transfers but for a higher end all inclusive, I think it's a good deal!

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breathless PC preopening special

So it will be up by Excellence and rough seas, making swimming touch and go.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,903 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breathless PC preopening special

Correct

Could be a big big for us with 750 rooms