We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Length of stay

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Length of stay

Myself and my partner are staying in Secrets Royal Beach for 14 nights at the end of September.

Just wondering if it was a good idea booking 14 nights? Is there enough to do around Punta Cana for 14 nights or would you get bored?

What activities would you recommend doing to fill up the days?

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Length of stay

Definitely worth being in paradise for 14 nights. The first day you arrive there and see the beach you will know you have made the right decision.

Below link lists over 90 things you can do in Punta Cana from zip lining, to dune buggies to swimming with sharks and stingrays.

tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g147293-Activitie…

If you want more cultured trips of the country and see how they truly live Punta Cana Mikes offers some very good trips, he is an avid poster on TA and his tours are highly recommended by many people. www.puntacanamike.com. If you enjoy fishing another avid poster MikeFisher offers excellent fishing trips www.mikesmarina.info. These two excursions must be booked online and well in advance as spots fill up quickly.

Hope this helps you!

Edited: 13 May 2013, 21:32
Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
7,902 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Length of stay

For me, 14 nights would be too long at one resort. And, SRB, which I love, does not have a ton of dining options. You will likely want to head next door to Now Larimar for some meals, or you'll get bored.

Any chance you can change hotels, midway through? Seven nights at SRB and then seven nights elsewhere, just for variety's sake? I know a lot of UK travelers take advantage of those nice long stays, by breaking it up between two, or even three resorts.

MTL
Level Contributor
4,829 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Length of stay

Considering you're there for 14 nights might I suggest you go on the Saona Island excursion. It is a long excursion about 12 hours that some people staying for 7 nights stay away from as it is a whole day but as your there for 14 nights it is definitely worth it for you to go on.

At your resorts pools or nautical center and down by the beach you can talk with the guys selling excursions and negotiate cheaper prices for Saona then what you would pay at the resort excursion desk or online.

Saona Island is my favorite trip. The main reason I like it is that I find it combines multiple small trips into one big one.

Trip consists:

Speedboats to snorkel

Speedboats to sand bar to swim for star fish

Speedboats to Saona Island

Spend the late morning/afternoon on Saona

There is lunch bbq, music, dancing, shopping, drinks and beautiful views. Your can either have a nice quiet relaxing day or more of a lively day.

In afternoon speedboats take you to big Catamarans where you sail the afternoon back to port. Therese music, dancing, drinks.

Trip includes all you can drink and lunch bbq. You can book Saona down by the beach and negotiate a much cheaper price then booking it at the hotel excursion desk.

To give you an idea here is some youtube videos I found.

Speedboats ( Jump to around 2:35 to see the boats)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdKktDSkmoM

Saona Island (view, bbq, etc)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ_VuohR6v8

Some people dancing on Saona with the workers and having a good time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j-fndqd1vE

Afternoon Catamaran when everyone drinks kick in and everyone starts to have a good time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BETCOgVu9DU

Safe Travels!

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Length of stay

You will be fine.................We always go for at least 10 nights and usually 14.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,630 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Length of stay

Hi

I agree with poozie

Having stayed at SRB last year and had a great time we could not spend 14 nights there due to the limited dining options. Much better to do what we have done for the last few years and stay at more than one resort

Feel free to check out my review of SRB which has a link to a large photo album for it

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Length of stay

All depends on how you like your vacations, I could spend 2 weeks doing nothing but relaxing by the pool and on the beach no problem at the moment lol, plenty of excursions to choose from for trips out however as you have 2 weeks I would suggest taking a bus up to the capital Santo Domingo and staying a night there to enjoy the sights around there for a break from the resort and to see a bit more of the country.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
815 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Length of stay

Two weeks is great! Lots of time to relax yet do activities on and off the resort! We are going back for 2 weeks and can't wait! It's a fantastic resort! Don't worry!

winnipeg
Level Contributor
481 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Length of stay

1 Week is too short for me, prefer 2-3 weeks that being

said i have stayed at a resort where the food was not

good at all, so limited dining options might get boring

after a week i know 2 weeks at this resort was to long

due to the food, Depends i guess Cheers Tim..

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Length of stay

coming from europe myself, i never took less than 14 days/nights when taking vacations on the other side of the pond, USA and Caribbean alike, i would hate the long flight for just a 4 or 5 nights long weekend quicky, 2 weeks is perfect to get settled in relaxed and without pressure, zero stress, just pure relaxation to enjoy PC.

have a fantastic stay

Mike

wisconsin
Level Contributor
815 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Length of stay

Totally agree with mike! But as for the food.....we love it! To each his own! But we ave found the AM resorts to have better food than most resorts we've been to!!