We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

Riverside...
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

I'm from california. we are taking a vacation to punta Cana in October/November. I wanted to know if it was smarter to do 6 nights and 5 full days or 5 nights and 4 full days.

I know my flights will take about two days of my time already. We did 7 days in Jamaica and were ready to be home by that 7th day.... so 6 would be tops.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,141 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

I'd always opt for longer. As you already mentioned, two days are used just for travel. That would only leave you with three full days at the resort. That's barely enough time to take a deep breath!!!

What was it about Jamaica that made you ready to be home after the 7th day? How about incorporating a few excursions into your itinerary?

Riverside...
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

we adored Jamaica, however a week away plus travel days on top of that was i felt a long time to be away from our many dogs and house. I always pictured going back to jamaica one day... but yes i did feel i didnt get to fully enjoy the beach AND activies, as well as exploration. we got married there so one whole day was eaten up by that.

I was thinking of arriving to PUJ on a saturday afternoon (departing LAX that friday) and leaving PUJ on a friday after noon. that would give us 6 solid nights and 5 solid days. Is that enough you think?

Morristown, New...
Level Contributor
8,141 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

I can totally relate to missing the dogs!!! That's the worst part about going away.

Sounds like what you have planned is plenty for you. Have a great time!

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,625 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

I always wish we had more time! I love my dog to pieces (as well as my kids and grandkids...LOL) BUT......the time we have in PC always seems to go so very fast.....

Shediac, Canada
Level Contributor
738 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

Something to take into consideration, check out time at the resorts is Noon (check in is at 3pm so if you arrive early be prepared with a change of clothes so you can start enjoying your stay) ... depending on the occupancy at the time you may be able to keep your room later, some resorts have a complimentary room to prepare for departure, some charge by the hour to keep your room and some will let you book your room for an extra day. And it is recommended (for good reason due to very long lines) to be at the airport at least 3 hours prior to departure. Enjoy Punta Cana!!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

the hotels count for their reservations always the NIGHTS, so a ""4 full days"" stay would be a simple weekend, 3 nights with 4 days, including the arrival day and the departure day.in the middle there are 2 days to enjpoy the resort and its beach and amenities for a quicky, no space for any off resort activity/excursion neither.

sure some guests are stuck to the length of vacation according to their work shedule/time they can leave the company alone back at home, but it sounds stressy, once acustomed to the new place you reach the moment where you have to hopp on the bus back to the airport with your suitcases already packed.

it depends on what you can afford to be away from your Biz at home and also on what you can afford Budget wise.

happy travels

Mike

Riverside...
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

thanks Mike for your opinion! true there are many factors that go into a vacation length. Unfortunatly for me I am in charge of company payroll. so my time would be a week at most.

Do you think a saturday arival at the resort leaving the following Friday is considered quick? i know most people fall in love with PC and stay much longer then that. But i need a day or so to get back to normal life before putting on the heels and trecking right back to work that monday. :)

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,640 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

If not for my dog I'd never come home!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

a saturday arrival with a next friday departure is what i would name a real week, a full week, 6 nights, 7 days, thats a week.

you have to admit that such is a big difference to a 4 days 3 nights stay, almost double/half.

coming in friday afternoon and leaving monday noon is a nice long weekend, coming in saturday afternoon and leaving friday noon is a full week, at least on my calendar, nothing more and nothing less.

Mike

10. Re: 6 nights, 5 full days or 5 nights, 4 full days in Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2014, 06:20