We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pc Mikes Boca de Yuma tour

scotland
Level Contributor
250 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Pc Mikes Boca de Yuma tour

Interested in this tour, I'm wondering though if we did this and visited the school what kind of gifts they might like to receive?

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pc Mikes Boca de Yuma tour

There is a list of recommended items on his website.

scotland
Level Contributor
250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pc Mikes Boca de Yuma tour

Thanks. I found it. :)

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pc Mikes Boca de Yuma tour

You're welcome! Enjoy!

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pc Mikes Boca de Yuma tour

We just did that tour for the second time at the end of April. Mike has a list of needed items on his website. They can buy most of what they need in the DR but it is expensive. The couple we travelled with gave Mike some cash for the school. I noticed that many of the books and some of the posters on the wall were in English. If you have access to spanish language books/learning materials, I would think that would be a great donation. We brought some soccer balls which seemed to be a big hit as they now have a soccer team. They also have a baseball team. The school with be happy with whatever you are able to donate.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,144 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pc Mikes Boca de Yuma tour

I always donate cash at the school. Magdelena does a wonderful job with those kids and the school.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,904 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pc Mikes Boca de Yuma tour

Agree with debinatore - best to give cash to a local charity or NGO. They know best what is required and virtually all items can be bought locally - lack of cash to buy them is the problem.

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
4,047 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pc Mikes Boca de Yuma tour

I have a few supplies, pencils, etc. and will also give some cash nice for the kids to receive something the can see and use right away. Got a few hundred of the jelly bracelets that the small kids wear on ebay for like $5!

8. Re: Pc Mikes Boca de Yuma tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 06:17