We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palladium Bavaro

Texas
Level Contributor
927 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Palladium Bavaro

Last year we thought we were gonna make it to Punta Cana but ended up in Mexico instead. This year we are gonna try again!! Looking at August with 3 teenagers 19,18 and 15.

Why is the Palladium hardly talked about or recommended? What makes it so different from the Iberostar or Majestic that everyone goes to? Is it the beach,food,rooms? We have been to Palladium several times in Mexico and loved it. Right now im looking at Majestic Colonial,Iberostar,Palladium and Bahia properties. Leaning towards Palladium but value your opinions..... many thanks

saint john new...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Palladium Bavaro

we stayed at the palladium bavaro and found it to be a great resort, it is on the best part of bavaro beach, the food was good the pools were great , the service was good.we would go back to every resort we stayed at in the DR, LOVED THEM ALL

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palladium Bavaro

We have stayed at the Bahia complex, Bavaro Princess and Palladium in Punta Cana and there were things we liked about each property and would go back to each one. The Palladium has two websites devoted to to their properties, with very active forums. Perhaps that is why you get so few questions here. There is no doubt that the Palladium in PC is a good property on a great stretch of beach!

BTW we have also stayed at the Palladium Kantenah in Riviera Maya.

Edited: 18 May 2013, 18:54
P C
Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Palladium Bavaro

We stayed at the Palladium Vallarta in Mexico in 2004. We did not enjoy the experience. The rooms were fine. The food (ala carte) was good, but the buffet selection was limited. The resort was cramped, there was a constant foul odor, the service was poor and the beach was terrible. It was our last time in Mexico. After that trip, we took a "gamble" on Punta Cana. We have not been back to Mexico since 2007. The Punta Cana beaches, IMHO, are far superior to those in Mexico. We found the service better in Punta Cana; however, the food is slightly better in Mexico. In Punta Cana, the resort grounds are bigger (which we actually liked). Give it a try, and you may never go back to Mexico.

The Palladium property in PC is larger than what you will find in Mexico. For specifics, try the Palladium Addicts web-site. Lots of good information there.

PC

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palladium Bavaro

We love the Grand Palladium in PC! Have been 10 X, we have also been to the GP in the MR 4 X. Most of the JS in the GP Bavaro have been renovated in the 9-18 months and are beautiful ! ( deluxe and standard rooms have not yet been renovated). If you enjoyed the GP in the MR you will enjoy the GP in PC. The above poster who said that many that love the Palladium resorts are active on the palladium addict forum and don't post here as often, since I have not been to any other resorts in PC I can not compare them to the other resorts, but I do try and answer any palladium related posts.

Veron - Punta Cana
Level Contributor
87 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Palladium Bavaro

The palladium are greats palladium royal suite turquesa is wonderfull, palladium pc is nice too, but palladium bavaro is my favorite one, good food, good beach, good room, good bar and good everythin.

Rosa M.

Greensburg...
Level Contributor
445 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palladium Bavaro

I wonder why it's taking so long for the Punta Cana renovations to get finished ? I just got back from our week at the Grand Palladium Kantenah where they managed to refit the entire section in a few months. It was terrific.

The Bavaro beach is better without a doubt but I liked every other aspect of Mexico from the ala carte offerings to the massive pool and outstanding POPS team.

I will consider the Palladium in Punta Cana but as of late, the prices have favored Mexico and I was not disappointed in going there.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palladium Bavaro

Can't answer that as renovations are a corporate decision

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palladium Bavaro

We are staying at the Palladium Bavaro this July. I can tell you that so many people love the resort that we tend to gravitate to the Palladium Addicts website forum instead of here on TA.

Texas
Level Contributor
927 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palladium Bavaro

Thanks for all your replies. I am familiar with the other forum, was just looking for comparrisons. I just wondered why everyone spoke so well about the Majestics and Iberostars and nobody mentions Palladium. Things i like about Palladium in Mexico are the laid back feeling, no food reservations,the run of all the resorts,and the live bands in the evenings. Hoping to find that in PC as well with an awesome beach !!

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palladium Bavaro

Our hearts lie with the Palladium in Mexico. That being said, we loved the layout of the GP in Punta Cana and really enjoyed the live bands in the Lobby bars each evening.