We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Colonial or Ocean Blue

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Crandall, Texas
3 posts
Save Topic
Majestic Colonial or Ocean Blue

Help....trying to plan a vacation for three families. We have narrowed it down to Majestic Colonial and Ocean Blue. The beach and pools are very important. We don't want to have to walk a mile to get to either. Please provide any feedback you can. Thanks:)

Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Colonial or Ocean Blue

Majestics pool is super long so there is there is a party by the swim up bar but y can walk down the pool and have relaxing vacation... Best of both worlds and the beach is awesome... U can snorkel and see fish on rock on the right side or walk on sand on the left side

Ctr. Hrb., New...
Level Contributor
475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Colonial or Ocean Blue

We stayed at Ocean Blue in 2010. We just got back from PC and stayed at Caribe Club. We walked to Ocean Blue as we loved this resort and were disappointed to see the amount of beach erosion. Sand bags are being used to prevent more. Right in front of Priveleged section you use the sand bags as steps down from your chairs to the water. Again loved resort but would be disappointed to arrive and see the change. Has anyone else seen this change?

Kiev
Level Contributor
69 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Colonial or Ocean Blue

Hi, Bobroswill, you're right.

I was shocked with erosion and sand bags as well. I remember the beach 9 years ago! That lovely beach has gone :-(((. Majestic has very nice beach.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Colonial or Ocean Blue

We have been to both numerous times. If the prices are about the same I would choose the Majestic.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,383 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Colonial or Ocean Blue

Everything is quite handy at Ocean Blue. As to the "erosion", here's what I just told another poster:

You really have NOTHING to worry about. We were there early this year and the only erosion is on the far left side, and that is the roped off area for Privilege clients only. The rest (major part) of the beach is not eroded, and is lovely. We stayed on the Privilege section each day, but stepped just past the ropes and did our beach walks on the other part and beyond. There's also a nice beach bar over there.

Even the erosion that exists on that one part to the left causes no problem to those sitting in the Privilege area, it just improves your view. Also, some people who were H10 members said that they were told that section was going to be renovated sometime this year, so if that is correct, there won't even been any erosion by the time you get there.

All it is, is a 2-3 foot drop off between the Privilege seating areas and the water's edge.

Have you gone to their Facebook page, they had a lot of good beach photos there last time I checked.

6. Re: Majestic Colonial or Ocean Blue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 06:18