We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic colonial - amount of walking for handicap

Florida
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic colonial - amount of walking for handicap

Wondering if anyone can provide some information around location distance between the

Club swim up rooms to beach

Club rooms to restaurants

Traveling with my sister in law that cannot walk long distance and I see that we could rent a scooter for her during our stay but have no idea if it is needed. We have never been to Majestic.

She is able to walk a little distance but must rest for any major distance.

Does the majestic have transportation available for handicap visitors?

Edited: 24 May 2013, 13:26
Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
4,170 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic colonial - amount of walking for handicap

Contact prcolonial@majestic-resorts.com for possible arrangements for your sister-in-law. The club rooms run from the lobby to the beach. You could be close to one or the other or in the middle with a swim up room. The club pools run almost the entire length also. I have seen carts driving guests, but you will always have to make arrangements and wait for availability.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,892 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic colonial - amount of walking for handicap

Majestic is long and skinny in its set up and there are no trams running independently through the property, so arrangements will always have to be made.

Punta Cana princess may be a good option for size and accessibility purposes.

There are differences in the resorts, so look at the traveller pics to see if it suits you.

I can't tell from your post if you already booked.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic colonial - amount of walking for handicap

Majestic is not long nor big at all.

a not handicapped walker needs less than 5 minutes for the longest possible walk within the small property.

i would request a club room in the middle section, that's close to the beach and to the restaurant/activities area.

Mike

4. Re: Majestic colonial - amount of walking for handicap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:18