We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spring Break 2014

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Spring Break 2014

The "official" Spring Break tour operator dates for 2014 were just released and begin the week of February 16th. continuing thru April 27th. - which is the week following the April 20th. celebration of Easter Sunday next year.

saint john new...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spring Break 2014

do you have a list of the resorts that have spring break. we dont want to go though another one of those, it ruins your vacation

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spring Break 2014

almost 3 months of springbreak.

what's next? 6 weeks X-mas?

almost no time left for a Easter celebration or a summer break in between, lol

Mike

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spring Break 2014

Sort of like Christmas wares being displayed in the stores in the US starting in July.

BObK

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,365 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spring Break 2014

I can't imagine where you'd have seen Christmas wares in July other than in a year round Christmas shop.

End of July is when the BACK TO SCHOOL merchandise appears, followed quickly by HALLOWE'EN, then Christmas stuff appears.

Now, as to Spring Break, with Easter late in 2014 (it was early in 2013), there may be some down weeks in there, I'd check the lists of dates carefully, and as usual avoid midMarch, which is usually the biggest weeks.

then again, all it takes is one rowdy bunch to ruin someone else's vacation.... :-(

We'll def be traveling in January to avoid all this!

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spring Break 2014

Walk into any "Hallmark" store and they have Christmas cards and tree decorations out starting in July.

BObK

Sag Harbor, New York
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spring Break 2014

I hope we don't get the sping beakers at E p c. We are going feb 1-10.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,365 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spring Break 2014

Oh, just in the Hallmark store, OK.

norfolk
Level Contributor
180 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spring Break 2014

Ive read some reviews on Riu Macao Punta Cana, and they were complaining about University Lot around end May...will this be end of May next year too?

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
216 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spring Break 2014

If you are going at that time and want to steer clear of the spring break kids, I would choose a more upscale resort or an adults only resort. There might even still be some young people around, but it would be a minimum amount compared to the cheaper resorts. OR I would choose a nice villa e.g. on the beach or on a golf course if you want to make sure you get a really, nice and peaceful vacation ;)

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spring Break 2014

Just wondering where the Grand Paradise crowd are going to go next year? Will the Royalton take them or will they find somewhere else..