We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grands Bahia Princ. Bavaro dress code - men

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Grands Bahia Princ. Bavaro dress code - men

Was wondering what the "shoe" dress code is for men at a la cartes and buffet?

Hubby would love to wear running shoe's but i have assured him that at the very least he needs something else for a la cartes.

What do you men wear and what is allowed?

Thanks

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grands Bahia Princ. Bavaro dress code - men

They state closed toe shoes for the a la Carte's, buffets sandals are ok.

I saw runners get in cuz they are closed toe. But I say unless you are needing running shoes for sports or excursions leave them at home and just bring some loafers or something like that.

canada
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grands Bahia Princ. Bavaro dress code - men

Wow I am shocked that the ladies cannot wear open toe'd dress sandals. What closed toe shoe do they suppose goes with a summer dress of the caribbean style?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grands Bahia Princ. Bavaro dress code - men

Ok I reread the post, question was about men's shoes and that is what I answered. Men have been refused for wearing dress sandals, so pack closed toe shoes for the men. Better safe than sorry. And even safer, don't wear running shoes.

K J
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
665 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grands Bahia Princ. Bavaro dress code - men

i wore a pair of teva like sandals to garden grill, miako and all the al a cartes at the esmeralda.

black t-shirt and black shorts same every time and at every restaurant.

personally, i think that as long as you are not wearing your beach shorts, flip flops or a white t-shirt, you are fine.

Georgina, Canada
Level Contributor
369 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grands Bahia Princ. Bavaro dress code - men

Loafer or deck shoes are a safe bet.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
510 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grands Bahia Princ. Bavaro dress code - men

I wouldn't be too concerned about your footwear at Gran Bahia. I have seen men wear flip-slops, sneakers (running shoes) etc... they don't seem to enforce the dining dress codes to strictly from the few times I have seen the past couple of years.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,829 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grands Bahia Princ. Bavaro dress code - men

It is always a rule of thumb...

Better safe than sorry

Long pants, collared shirt and closed toe shoes....for men. That way you will be let into whichever restaurant at whichever resort staffed by whichever employee

K J
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
665 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grands Bahia Princ. Bavaro dress code - men

Bring something that will fit the bill in case you are turned away but really, it is not per se dining. Honestly. I mean, I could go back to my room, put on my ugly shoes, ugly collared shirt and look worse than my black t shirt and black teva sandles. Having now been to the Esmeralda, I honestly find the dress code discussion Way over the top and a little sill. Just do not wear your beach shorts, flip flops and wife...Errrr. Tank tops.

9. Re: Grands Bahia Princ. Bavaro dress code - men

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 06:18