We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana at Christmas

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
3 posts
Save Topic
Punta Cana at Christmas

Hello: Please help! We are just beginning to plan a family vacation for the day after Christmas to the day before New Years. My husband and I are in our mid 40's and our children will be 14 and 17. All we want to do is sunbathe and golf! We'd like an all inclusive resort that isn't too pricey but amazing just the same! If golf could be included (or discounted) that would be wonderful. Also would like to be ON THE BEACH. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana at Christmas

If you want to save money during xmas time go to Puerto Plata .

Illinois
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana at Christmas

The Holidays and discounts go as well together as Janet Reno and a sponge bath. You just don't find them. See if you can go the week before Christmas and you'll find you'll save TONS of money.

Minne-snow-ta
Level Contributor
4,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana at Christmas

I have that week on vacation also and have a feeling we'll be staying home!!

I always check for red hot deals/ last minute specials though about a month before the time we are hoping to go. Sometimes the prices drop as the airlines are trying to sell the rest of the seats on the charter flights. The only downside to this is fewer options for hotels as many of the more popular ones get sold out ahead of time.

If you have your heart set on a specific resort, many trip operators offer up to $300 discounts on early bookings; i.e. 120 days in advance. Try Apple Vacations, NWA vacations, AA vacations, Suncountry vacations; or any others available in your area. You should be able to find them in your local newspaper.

Stinky New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,115 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana at Christmas

Looks like Janet Reno is'nt getting a sponge bath! I also never really heard of getting a good deal at a resort during that time...keep looking. And if ya see anyone giving a sponge bath to Janet Reno let weatherdood know.

Your TA Pal

Futzy

Toronto
Level Contributor
649 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana at Christmas

I have to agree that if you want a discounted holiday you are travelling at the wrong time of year. The holidays are tough, the idea of looking at the other side of the island might work but you will probably be disppointed with the quality of the beach and swimability of the ocean. Seems like very last minute might be your only hope but then again you are looking at two rooms ---pretty iffy!!! But if you find a great deal make sure to look up some reviews and make sure you know what you are getting into ---if the price is too good then........

Montreal
Level Contributor
698 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana at Christmas

Dom

I just booked our holidays with extended family for that exact time of the year. As we booked so far in advance, we were given an "early booking discount", I think it added up to 500$ per couple.

7. Re: Punta Cana at Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 07:17