We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

I have been following the Facebook page for Sanctuary Cap Cana and am shocked at the lack of response to posts from travelers booked to arrive in coming months. These people are terribly upset and concerned about the rumors circulating that the resort is closing for renovations and has possibly been sold. They can't get a straight answer from anyone and the management, which used to respond to posts on that page regularly, have grown silent - aside from posting a new photo yet ignoring the pleas from people with money and time invested in their vacation to give them information.

Does anyone have any concrete information on what their plans are for the coming months???

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

bump

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,404 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Hi

I totally agree that it is very unfair that they are not being more forthcoming with their guests but this seems to be the way things go with such matter - total lack of customer service

It definitely looks like the property is/has been sold and that the new owners will close it for refurbishment and/or expansion - Hyatt seems to keep getting mentioned as they have had a long term interest in Cap Cana

Even if the existing owners had not sold it they were going to close the resort to do the work and it was only a matter of them confirming when the work would begin which is why they have had two sets of stop dates booking this year

The uncertainty with SCC and also the expansion at Zoetry was instrumental in us ditching our PC trip for the Autumn

I hope for those caught up in all of this that they come clean and make and announcement ASAP

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,404 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Hi again

I have added a reply to one of the threads on their Facebook page

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

I am so glad I got to go there when it was Secrets. it was a wonderful resort at that time.

Mason, Ohio
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

I will be arriving on Sunday and will pass along any info I get while we are there. I have had a great experience working with Claudia in reservations so if someone has questions about an upcoming trip they may want to try to give her a call. I just called the 1-800 number listed on the Sanctuary website and asked for her. They have answered right away each time I called and I have had no issues getting in contact with someone by phone. So far customer service has been great so I am confident that will continue to be the case once we arrive. The place looks absolutely beautiful so we are really looking forward to our trip!

Mason, Ohio
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

I will be arriving on Sunday and will pass along any info I get while we are there. I have had a great experience working with Claudia in reservations so if someone has questions about an upcoming trip they may want to try to give her a call. I just called the 1-800 number listed on the Sanctuary website and asked for her. They have answered right away each time I called and I have had no issues getting in contact with someone by phone. So far customer service has been great so I am confident that will continue to be the case once we arrive. The place looks absolutely beautiful so we are really looking forward to our trip!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,404 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

"I am so glad I got to go there when it was Secrets. it was a wonderful resort at that time"

We did as well bb but they did rather run it into the ground as when we went back just after they had lost the management contract it was badly in need to work in many places

I am sure it will flourish eventually

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

Ff. those repairs come from capital from the owners. i know they wanted money for upkeep but it wasn't coming. it is a high maintenance resort.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,404 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

General maintenance is the responsibility of the management company and the owners did invest a further US$10 million creating a new spa

Anyway that is in the past

Edited: 31 May 2013, 16:04
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
137 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the future for Sanctuary Cap Cana?

I'm trying to remember if this was the one I saw on Groupon a few months ago for a ridiculously low price for a week's long stay for a resort in Cap Cana. The one I saw was one of the very upscale resorts, so it kind of piqued my curiosity. I came back to TA to check reviews and they had slumped considerably.