We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

Renfrew, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

have been to MC and might try ME next

do they share any restaurants?

thanks

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
6,623 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

Do you mean "share" as in can use restaurants on both sides? Or "share" as in same restaurant on each side??

Renfrew, Canada
Level Contributor
279 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

the same restaurant.

renfrew ontario
Level Contributor
522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

sorry meant do they each have their own restaurants or do I have to go to colonial side for some restaurants

tks

Edited: 22 May 2014, 14:45
Welland Ont
Level Contributor
408 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

Each resort has their own restaurants. In most cases you are restricted to the ones on your resort, however I have seen some posts where "exchange privileges" have been given to some guests, but I think that was if there was a problem with booking and you got bumped over to the resort next door.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

You eat where you sleep, the only shared restaurant is the late night burger hut.

ME has Italian, French, Hibachi/Sushi, Steak house, Seafood, Buffets, Burger hut

MC has French, Steak House, Hibachi/Sushi, Caribbean, Seafood, Buffets, Burger hut

The only difference is the Italian and the Caribbean. Like fly said, exchange privileges are given to some guests, but it is rare, and generally only given to those that have a lot of repeat visits with the Majestics.

renfrew ontario
Level Contributor
522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

great thanks for your help -

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,882 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

Also note that the Asian restaurant at the NC is really two restaurants in one. They have the show tables that you need a reservation for and they also have an a la carte section with table service with a apps buffet and a full menu. We have been lucky enough the last couple years at the ME to have a couple dinners at the MC. But this was because we were repeat guests and it had to be arrnaged before hand. Even though the a la cartes do not require reservations we had to make reservations to use the other side.

CT
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

What is the difference between both resorts

renfrew ontario
Level Contributor
522 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

Sackie does ME also have Asian restaurant (2 in one)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
467 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Majestic Elegance v Majestic Colonial

ME's Asian restaurant has a sushi bar and hibachi tables. Not really the same 2 in one as MC. We have been to ME 5x now and have been able to explore the MC a bit and eat at the steakhouse. Still prefer ME but less for the restaurants and more for the layout. We love the sun and like that ME's Club pools are right on the beach. That way we can get a comfy padded chair at the pool, take 2 steps and be on the beach and in the ocean. 2 steps back we are in the pool. At MC, the two are more separated - still easy enough to get to the ocean but not as easy to bounce from one to the other without leaving your chair unattended for longer.