We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Majestic vs Melia

NYC
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Majestic vs Melia

I am up in the air between these two resorts - has anyone here been to both? The most important qualities on our list are good entertainment (live music, piano bar etc), good food, and a nice beach. If anyone has any insight as to which resort may be a better fit, please let me know!

Thanks

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,950 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Majestic vs Melia

Both are excellent properties.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
1,701 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Majestic vs Melia

been to both... both are great... Food better at majestic ... better beach at melia.

which majestic?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
663 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Majestic vs Melia

agreed with last comment. Food and entertainment are better at Majestic. The beach is definitely better at the Melia.

The Melia is a bigger resort and doesn't feel as crowded. If you can do the Royal Service upgrade, I suggest the Melia, if not go for the Majestic.

I can post link to my pictures of both resorts if you want

NYC
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Majestic vs Melia

Hello - We ended up doing the Majestic Colonial Club - In the end, i think the entertainment / food trumped the beach (the beach will be great regardless!) thank you all for your comments. Any tips when staying at the Majestic?

5. Re: Majestic vs Melia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2014, 06:18