We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium - Construction?

Bury, England...
3 posts
Save Topic
Grand Palladium - Construction?

I am travelling to the Grand Palladium in 2 weeks - cannot wait!!! I've read a few posts that there is construction going on at the moment. Has any body stayed their recently and can comment on what the construction is like. Is it bad? Will it spoil the holiday? TA haven't informed us that construction is going on, so i am hoping (fingers crossed) it won't be that bad!!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Punta...
8,264 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium - Construction?

they do build a completely new building/section,

use the search funtion here on TA, there have been topics where details are shown/described including the description of visitor who are/been right there.

have fun

Mike

Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,437 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium - Construction?

Emma, I don’t know if this will make you feel any better but I emailed 9 different people who recently put up reviews on the Grand Palladium Bavaro. We are going there on July 12th. Almost everyone said that the construction was a non-issue and that I shouldn’t worry. One person said that their suite faced the construction but they simply asked to be moved and they were never bothered by it again. We decided to keep our reservations and I have no worries at all about it.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Bavaro...
10,443 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium - Construction?

Actually there was one person who reported they had issues that made their vacation less than perfect:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147293-i28-k65234…

mid-way down the page

we were booked for the GP Bavaro for 2 weeks in July and notified by our TA and we decided to take the option to rebook elsewhere - at Iberostar Bavaro.

It might not have made any difference but we weren't willing to take the chance and even if we'd been able to be moved elsewhere in the resort, we were booked into the renovated junior suites and there's nothing else in the resort that matches what we booked except RST and we have a teen travelling with us.

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
10,292 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium - Construction?

What part are you booked into?, if its the palace or Punta Cana sections, you will be far away from the construction.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Cliff Island, Maine
Level Contributor
3,437 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium - Construction?

I really think people are overreacting here. I did A LOT of researching, emailing people who stayed here in May & June and talking with the resort & travel agents. The overwhelming majority of people said it's a virtual non-issue. I wasn't willing to spend an extra $550 to move from the Palladium to Iberstar just because one pereon had a bad experience.

Bury, England...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium - Construction?

Thanks everyone for your replies! I appreciate it. I'm booked into the Bavaro section (which i believe is where the construction is taking place). Travel agent haven't bothered to inform us of construction, which I find quite frustrating!

Paul - it is very reassuring that most people you have spoken too didn't seem too concerned! - either way, i won't let it spoil my holiday! :)

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Toronto
Level Contributor
715 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium - Construction?

Whereas we were lucky and saved the same amount (got it back) by rebooking at Iberostar. For me, if you get somewhere and something goes wrong, you deal with it. If you know from the get-go that something COULD go wrong, you might as well avoid it. Having said that, if we'd been looking at an increase in our costs rather than a decrease regardless of the choice we made, we might have chosen differently. Adding into the whole situation the fact that my husband has asthma and would have difficulties with increased dust in the air made moving to another resort was the better decision for us.

Edited: 17 June 2013, 22:23
Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
10,292 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium - Construction?

If you are staying at the Palladium during the construction period and receive a room too close to the construction area that it is causing you problems, simply ask management in a friendly manner to move your location. It is low season, the perfect time for them to do renovations and offer lower rates. IMO, the resort is so large, that the construction should have minimal impact on your stay. You will have a wonderful vacation at this resort, it has everything you'll want in a Punta Cana vacation. I've been vacationing at the Palladium for many years and I have yet to be disappointed; even through times of major construction.

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
9. Re: Grand Palladium - Construction?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2014, 05:18