We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple vacations: airport to Secrets shuttle

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
171 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Apple vacations: airport to Secrets shuttle

It is my understanding that the Apple transfer is direct to Secrets/Now. I am wondering about the number of travelers on this direct shuttle. I suspect that since I am traveling Air Tran (Apple) direct from Pittsburgh to Punta Cana, the number of Apple travelers could fill a small bus

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
99 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apple vacations: airport to Secrets shuttle

Yes! Actually, a large bus...but they did drop us off first. Feel free to message me if you have other questions!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,608 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apple vacations: airport to Secrets shuttle

The standard ground transfer included in the base fare for Apple clients is typically a group charter bus that often makes multiple stops to various resorts along the way north from the airport.

Apple Packages - including those from PIT- all have a "private transfer" option that would give you non-stop service to your resort and is usually in a van or taxi.

You could always just opt to hire a taxi from/to the airport, but let the Apple ground representative know that you are doing this, lest they hold the bus looking for you.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
989 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apple vacations: airport to Secrets shuttle

Hi Guys,

If you are traveling to an AMResort with Apple you are quarenteed direct transfers to your hotel no other hotel stops...................

As already said it could be just the two of you on the transfer or more..............But it is direct to Secrets Royal Beach.

Enjoy............................

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
171 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apple vacations: airport to Secrets shuttle

Thanks guys. I knew it would be a direct airport to resort shuttle, just did not the size of the group. I will just prepare the husband for a little wait until all get onboard. He is counting the minutes until he is holding a drink in the sun.

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apple vacations: airport to Secrets shuttle

Buy him a cold presidente from the jet lag bar in the car park and he can enjoy a cold one in the sun while he's waiting (assuming your out before the others obviously or they may be waiting for you)

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
6,386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apple vacations: airport to Secrets shuttle

Also it is not always a large bus. Luck of the draw, it depends on how they arrange the passengers that run, as well as how many from that flight are going to the same resort.

We have been on a small van with only 4-6 people as many times as we have been on a big bus.

And although we don't dawdle nor stop for a beer, those ten or so times we got the big bus, we did not always have to wait--others may have been waiting for us! (even tho' we were never LAST, whew!)

Depends how quickly you get through the lines to the baggage and how quickly your particular bags are located. This varies every trip.

If you are last to the bus, then you don't have to wait, you just have to walk the walk of shame down the bus aisle to wherever the last remaining seats are; if you are first to the bus you get your pick of seats and can sit back, and relax till the bus pulls out.

It's a vacation, enjoy! Hope it is fantastic for you.

Edited: 19 June 2013, 14:44
Oakmont...
Level Contributor
3,984 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apple vacations: airport to Secrets shuttle

if your coming from Pittsburgh and the flight is on time you should have no issues zipping through the process in the airport and claiming your bags then your right off to the shuttle then 20 minutes your at Secrets!

8. Re: Apple vacations: airport to Secrets shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 05:16