We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams palm beach or Bahia principe Esmeralda

new york
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Dreams palm beach or Bahia principe Esmeralda

Hi everyone which resort would you choose we are 7 adults and one 1yr old baby boy. Just looking to relax, with good food, and nice beach. Esmeralda cost $50 per person than dreams. All suggestion are welcome.

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams palm beach or Bahia principe Esmeralda

While Esmerelda is very nice, with the baby in mind because of ease of getting around I prefer Dreams, also nicer beach with calmer waters and personally I feel much better service.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,799 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams palm beach or Bahia principe Esmeralda

For the extra $50 p/p, the far-superior Esmeralda would be our top recommendation between these two! And no worries - it is a small-enough section within the Gran Bahia complex that you will have absolutely no issues with your 1 year old - even at their beach!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams palm beach or Bahia principe Esmeralda

Esmeralda is very nice but you have to use the trams to get around sometimes, Dreams Palm Beach is much smaller and i think would be easier with a baby to get around as said earlier..........

new york
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams palm beach or Bahia principe Esmeralda

Thanks everyone for your suggestion, we will make a decision soon.

canada
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams palm beach or Bahia principe Esmeralda

I vote esmerelda. While I have never been to dreams palm beach..I have had a walk thru. It is lovely. the water is a lot calmer (perfect for a toddler) BUT you have 7 adults also. I think that they can find more things to do at the esmerelda. PLUS the esmerelda has the option of the adults WITHOUT the child enjoying time at the adults only ambar..including the don Pablo restaurant. I am sure the parents of the little one will not be always with the group..they need nap time in the room ect.. and an escape to the adult section for the rest of the group would be great.

beach nod probably would go to dreams..but everything else..esmerelda. not that the beach at esmerelda is bad..it is NOT..it is just that the beach at dpb..in my opinion as a non swimmer...is much better.

Lynn

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams palm beach or Bahia principe Esmeralda

from my side the vote goes clearly to the Dreams Palm Beach.

you have there the year around calm waters to have fun with your Baby on the beach, the Bahia Beach can get quiet hefty at times.

and at the Esmeralda, to recah the locations for the adults entertainment, you have quiet a heck of travel to carry the needed stuff for the Baby back and forth, thats much easier at the more compact Dreams Palm Beach.

we do AI stays in PC since our Girly been 6 months old, we found for that perfectly suitable the Zoetry, Majestic Elegance(#1 on our personal list), Barcelo Palace, Dreams Palm Beach and the Sanctuary Cap Cana.

out of my list our fav, the Majestic Elegance, does not have the calmest waters if that is important for your family, it does not bother in our case as we are on vacation focusing on a pool and not on the beach.

out of my mentioned list we stayed ourselves at all but not at the Dreams Palm Beach, but we walk that hotelbeach quiet often, as we live on the same beach a few hundred meters south all year long, so we would not like to vacation on our own homebeach/Bay, but it would suit us very well.

large spread out properties like the Bahia Principe will not be on our list due the stuff we have to carry around with a Baby all day long back and forth.

have a great time in PC

Mike

new york
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams palm beach or Bahia principe Esmeralda

Thanks everyone, especially mike just book dreams palm beach for one week in September I am excited and can't wait.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams palm beach or Bahia principe Esmeralda

have a fantastic stay

Mike

9. Re: Dreams palm beach or Bahia principe Esmeralda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 05:17