We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather making me nervous

texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Weather making me nervous

My wife and I are staying at the Bavaro Princess Sat 22nd through Friday the 28th and the weather reports are looking alot like rain. How accurate are the weather reports and does it usually rain all day. I thought June was one of the drier months in Punta Cana,

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather making me nervous

Over to you Mike!!

Don't worry.... Just go. Ignore the forecasts

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather making me nervous

Weather almost always calls for rain. Sometimes they are even right and it will rain at night or early morning.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather making me nervous

cheers Soldier.

MIke

central NJ
Level Contributor
375 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather making me nervous

Don't worry about it. The weather reports always predict rain. Unless there is going to be a tropical storm or hurricane go and Enjoy!!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,784 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather making me nervous

Making me nervous too!!!! If we don't get a good ( not a sprinkle) rainfall the cattle in the east are in for a long summer...watering ponds all but dried up!

Cheers

PCMike

Sosua, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Sosua, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
17,963 posts
282 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather making me nervous

Mike, so true. We had a few nights of heavy showers this last week and the lawn is green once again. It was getting pretty bad.

BObK

Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather making me nervous

I'm here since Monday and was worried but the sun was shining all day yesterday until after 4pm when it got cloudy

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather making me nervous

maybe we get at least a little bit of some showers out of the wave coming in from the East towards the Islands since a couple days, hence the bit stronger than usual breeze we have.

it is raining heavy over the Virgin Islands now, will get a fair amount for Puerto Rico today, but i fear as usual the very most amount will not water our DR East around Punta Cana.

as Mike stated above, PC is actually not on any wet phase, we would need some hours of rain per week other than just the short nighttime bursts(they dry out the next day before mid morning) to fill a bit of the ponds for the coming summer, as summer is our drought period of the year.

maybe we get a little bit of the wave during the next days/this weekend, but i fear the lottery weather reports will come out as failure again.

right now, sun is out, it is hot but down on the beaches the breeze is strong. some isolated areas i assume got short showers this morning, even here at my place sorrily all is dry.

Ocean is now very rough and Sportfishing takes a rest, as the conditions offshore are too rough for guests today and i would highly recommend to not participate in the big party boat catamaran tours for the next couple days, as together with the breeze the currents are very fast and dangerous, they pull a swimmer/snorkler in his lifejacket too quick far away from the Catamaran/Boat/designated area for the snorkeling, so not much fun to be had and it hides it's dangers for the not very experienced swimmers/snorklers.

happy travels

MIke

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
10,132 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather making me nervous

I'm north of there, at Excellence. Weather reports called for rain every day but we haven't had a drop of rain during the day for nearly two weeks. Some rain at night though.

Mark

Ireland
Level Contributor
67 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather making me nervous

I worried for weeks looking at the weather reports on line for the Dominican but fear not 2 days in its amazing weather :)