We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana/Cuba weather

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hertfordshire uk
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Topic
Punta Cana/Cuba weather

Hi

We are a family with 2 teenage boys, 15 and 17, and are just in the process of booking a holiday for August. We've looked at Cuba, but its very hot and very humid (apparently) which has made me a little apprehensive. Could anyone tell me if it is less hot & humid in Punta Cana at this time of year please. Many thanks in advance.

Kate

saint john new...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana/Cuba weather

i would say that punta cana is hot and humid also, mabey a little more than cuba.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,385 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana/Cuba weather

Similar weather for both destinations during August.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana/Cuba weather

similar hot and humid, just much less effected by Tropical Storms/Hurricanes here in Punta Cana during august.

Mike

hertfordshire uk
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana/Cuba weather

That's great, thank you.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,708 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana/Cuba weather

Having been to Cuba 29 times at all times of the year and living here in Punta Cana, I would say that weather here in Punta Cana is more stable. Cuba's weather can be a little more volatile throughout the year...summer time producing regular late day heavy thunderstorms (in most resort regions) and in the winter time, you can get some pretty cool conditions (especially around Varadero). Humidity is about the same regardless of island. Waterwise, beaches in Cuba (due to being mainly on the north coast) are generally calmer than the waters here which face directly into the regular easterly winds.

Cuba definitely does get affected by tropical disturbances more that the east of the Dominican Republic does.

Both offer a great destination for a vacation.

Cheers

PuntaCana Mike

saint john new...
Level Contributor
477 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana/Cuba weather

we went to cuba in jan of this year at cayo santa maria for 2 weeks the weather was not very good. cold some days always windy at the beach, red flag every day. we find the weather always better in the DR.

7. Re: Punta Cana/Cuba weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 06:17