We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hurricanes in punta cana

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uited kingdom
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
hurricanes in punta cana

i`m planning to visit punta cana in october, has anyone visited at this time? i` worried about the risk of hurricanes in october, so please help

canada
Level Contributor
3,671 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hurricanes in punta cana

we visit every sept or oct. Last year was the first time we have had an issue. Hurricane Sandy. It was not even close to punta cana .. our only issue was two days of rainy weather, but we still enjoyed our vacation and came home with killer tans. It was not enough to stop us from booking for two weeks again this October.

You cant predict the weather this far out. If you get bad weather, for a day or two, there is still lots to do.

Lynn

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,814 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hurricanes in punta cana

No worries, there has not been since 2007

dominican-republic-live.com/dominican-republ…

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,764 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hurricanes in punta cana

If we're talking direct hits then the last one was in 2006 with Jeanne.

Dean & Olga in 2007 were Tropical Storms by the time they reached landfall that affected the weather in the D.R.

I've been there after these and most times the sun comes out as fast as the storms hits.

4. Re: hurricanes in punta cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 06:17