We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
VA
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

If anyone has any questions regarding the resort, I can certainly answer them...

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,841 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

It hasn't been called Flamenco for a few years now LOL... did you have a good time? WHich building were you in?

VA
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

Deb - My friends and I had a BALL!! Fortunately we were all placed in building 13. The ocean views were great even though we didn't spend much time in our rooms. My favorite part of the vacation was Kurt's Fun Buggy. I see you make it out to DR quite often, when do you return?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,841 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

I enjoy the Occidental, have been 3 times now... I wouldn't of minded building 13 for the views, I much prefer the beach on that side too. Trip #3 this year coming up soon LOL. Did you make it over to STeve's Bar, or try the late night pizza or calzones?

VA
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

I have a feeling I'll become a frequest stayer like you... lol... The staff alone make me want to return. They work so hard! We didn't make it to Steve's Bar though it was definitely on our radar. My friends and I are avid basketball fans and wanted to go there to watch the Finals. What's your favorite part of Occidental? Have you gotten a chance to go to Metamorphosis?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,841 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

I went to Metamorphosis once for nails... wasn't really impressed at all, could of been a bad day?

I guess my fave part would be that it is so central to everything outside of the resort and easy to get here and there from... but, you probably mean the resort itself LOL, I'd say the service in the Royal Club section and the late night pizzas... I found the buffets to be VERY good too.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
1,026 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

So where are you staying on this next visit Deb. 2 weeks, 2 different resorts?

By the way Deb, check out the forum about what you love about PC.

Grumpy

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,841 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

K, shall do... Grumps, you know where I'm stayin :-)

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

We were at the Occidental a few weeks ago. Was the pool full? When we were there the pool was very low until the last couple days we were there. Building 13 ha..............very nice, we were in the only renovated room in building 11.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,841 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

Bob 11 is by the lobby most people that enjoy the beach would much rather be in 13 or 25 or even Royal Club LOL

VA
Level Contributor
16 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Occidental Grand Flamenco

Hey Bob - the pool wasn't jam packed but there were a good number of patrons.. we made friends quickly because of the inflatable beer pong set we had.. too bad we didn't get to play our friends we made from Canada.. :)