We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gran Bahia Bavaro A la Cartes

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gran Bahia Bavaro A la Cartes

I'm staying at the Gran Bahia Bavaro in a couple of weeks and have noticed from the forums that it is advisable to pre-book the a la cartes before you arrive.

Having read an awful lot on the forums, I'm afraid I've become a little confused as to which of the a la charges are available to book if staying at the Bavaro section, therefore I wonder if someone could please guide me on which ones are available to me.

We are a group of 10 staying for 2 weeks, so will have 6 to choose from, so if any are on the must list, please let me know.

Thank you

Michelle

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro A la Cartes

Here is a link to a recent past forum post regarding this very topic and the reply from fellow destination expert, Brooklin:

tripadvisor.com/…46445788

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro A la Cartes

Thank you

I view trip advisor on my tablet, so can't click on any links. What is the post called and on which dates was it submitted and I'll do a manual search.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro A la Cartes

I have copied & pasted it here for you:

"Welcome to the Punta Cana forums.

As guest of the Bahia Principe Punta Cana or Bahia Principe Bavaro resorts, you would be entitled to 3 a la cartes for the week.

The most popular dining location at all of the resorts are actually the main buffet in your lobby.

There is a different theme every night and here they are, so that you may schedule your a la cartes around the ones that interest you.(the Thursday night - Gala night theme is the most popular - seafood !)

Monday ........ Española

Tuesday ....... Italian

Wednesday .....Oriental

Thursday ... Gala (seafood)

Friday ......... Dominicana

Saturday ............... Mexican

Sunday .......... American (Like BBQ - different meats)

Here are your a la carte choices, starting with the most popular:

The Garden Grill Steakhouse

The "La Gourmet"

The IL Capriccio

The Maiko - japanese if you are in the Bavaro resort or

The Mikado - Japanese if you are booked into the Punta Cana resort

Sante Fe - Tex Mex

El Pescador - Mediterranean

El Meson - Spanish

The a la cartes and the main buffet are open from 6:30pm to 10:30pm

Send your a la cart "requests" to Albania Batista, No Sooner than 7-10 days prior to your arrival. Please provide her with your names, booking number, date of arrival and tour operator name. Let her know, which a la cartes on which day and the times can be specifically stated - she will try her very best to accommodate the specific time or as close to that as is possible.

I do hope this does assist you.

Have a wonderful vacation in Punta Cana.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)"

Mentioned in this post
Punta Cana
Punta Cana
Dominican Republic
Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe...
7,488 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro A la Cartes

Thank you very much Travel pro, this is exactly what I need.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,802 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro A la Cartes

de nada!

FYI - that post was from this past January. "Brooklin" will certainly advise you if there have been any changes or updates!

Have a great trip!

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro A la Cartes

Just got home last week the only change is El Meson - Spanish is not included but the BBQ replaces it.

Cheers Brian

7. Re: Gran Bahia Bavaro A la Cartes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2014, 07:19