We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

Does anyone know if the Ambar has any rooms available with grap bars installed in the shower as although the floors are aesthetically pleasing they are very slippery when wet. If they haven't had a guest injury yet it's just a matter of time. It seems foolish to have slippery when wet floors in the shower and no grap bars.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

Last time I was there, they had the grab bars in our suite.....

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

When were you there? I was there in March 2013 and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,759 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

The handicapped designated, barrier-free, first-floor junior suites at the Ambar have bathroom grab bars.

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

Management would be well advised to replace the floors in all the showers with a non-slip surface. This issue is not restricted to handicapped people and is just an accident waiting to happen.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 17:47
Bedford, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

I have been there twice and I don't remember it being an issue, but I am a spry 46 years old. Grab bars are never a bad thing and a lot of new build hotrels are just installing them in all showers and bathrooms as a matter of course.

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

Poster #5 it's never an issue till you get hit with a lawsuit for a few million dollars but I suspect trying to win a liability case in the DR is almost impossible because there is very little justice in places like this and the corporate structure is such that you could never get through the corporate veil to find the real owner with the money.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

Have you ever considered putting a towel on the floor outside of the tub, in order to prevent slipping, most of the resorts I have stayed at have had bath mats to use for this purpose, or am I missing something.???

NBF
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
867 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

Poster #7 you're missing something, the problem is while you're in the shower numnuts.

canada
Level Contributor
3,780 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

easy solution...

dollarama. they have cheapie floor non slip mats for the shower or bathtub..with the little suction cups. best buck I have spent. always put one in the shower at the ambar and elsewhere. Unfortunately if you are not prepared with one...you have a very slippery shower floor.

Pembroke, Canada
Level Contributor
151 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar

Numnuts? Isn't it numbnuts?? Regardless, not very nice...