We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in family friendly hotel?

corby
Level Contributor
302 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
wedding in family friendly hotel?

hello all!

i am looking for a good hotel for next year for my wedding? it will only be myself and my partner and our 3 small children. we would like somewhere of a good standard,good food etc but that will cater for the kids? also when is the best time to go? any help much appreciated. had a look thru and so far i quite like the dreams punta cana?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding in family friendly hotel?

Dreams Palm Beach is a nice resort that is kid friendly, but it is in the northernmost Uvero Alto Beach area, a solid hour non-stop north from the airport. Surf conditions can be rough certain times of year. If you are interested in the Dreams brand of resorts, their Dreams La Romana complex 45 minutes south of the airport is outstanding and on the actual Caribbean side of the island with calm, turquoise waters.

Resorts in the more-central Punta Cana area with great younger kid programs that also have nice wedding facilities include the Melia Caribe/Tropical (the Tropical side is the family-friendly side), the Grand Palladium complex, and either the Paradisus Palma Real or Paradisus Punta Cana.

You are certain to get other recommendations.

While anytime of year is great for a visit here, the region's heat & humidity are most-prevalent from May thru September. Keep in-mind that Atlantic Hurricane season runs June 1st thru November 30th.

Happy Travels & congratulations!

Bavaro, Dominican...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding in family friendly hotel?

Travelpro your thinking of Dreams Punta Cana, Dreams Palm Beach is only 15 minutes from the airport in Cabeza del Toro

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding in family friendly hotel?

Yes, definitely meant Dreams Punta Cana, which is the resort the OP was inquiring about.

Thanks for the correction!

Edited: 26 June 2013, 19:20
4. Re: wedding in family friendly hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 06:20